Large mouth Bass | FerrariChat

Large mouth Bass

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Buxton, Mar 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    #1 Buxton, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    An entire thread created for your opinion? Congratulations

3. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    Do you catch any LMB in Dallas?

4. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Tons, that's why I don't see it ;)

5. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    Don't worry they're all sold out, not a one to spare for a buyer anywhere!

6. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    I said Bass

7. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    #7 digitec, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    You're a large mouth bass. Seriously what is the point you are trying to make here, are you trying to convince people to join your posse?

The e-type looked like puckered lips. The Db9 looks like a catfish. But guess what, there are people who love those cars, own those cars, drive those cars, and don't give a sh*t about what people like you think about their cars.

You're ruining this place for people who actually come here because they like the car, or they want to see if there are any new resources regarding the car. All the people with tasteless opinions on the subject that don't actually matter left this topic a long time ago. Keep wasting you're time complaining, and your money on cold air intakes and muffler tips. Nobody cares. No one is going to save you. Give it up. The car is sold out bro. You've lost the fight. Go home.

8. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    Sold out does not mean paid for.
    I'll let you in on a secret, buyers need to produce finances to consumate a deal.
    bet you'll be able to buy one that has never been titled off the showroom floor in no time.
    Humble pie is waiting for you, slice is cut.

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think the "FF is ugly" discussion is all played out in other threads.

I am surprised Ferrari chose that color for the show car. Dark colors have always made the 612 look better -- it looks elegant in black metallic. The FF is a big vehicle and would have benefitted from a more sympathetic palette.

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Buxton- Someone called you a troll the other day. You are working on reinforcing that opinion.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I actually think it looks very good in white, black, blue, etc. Doesn't really work in red.

This is a Ferrari for someone who has say a 458 and wants one to daily drive in all weather conditions. For that it works, I don't see anyone making this their only Ferrari though. Much better then the 612 on all levels though.

12. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Haha well said.....

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

#13 ferraripete, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    while the neg comments are certainly nothing new here...i guess it is to be expected that so many news threads are coming to fore with a similar theme.

to be expected as there is no reason that this car (or even the 458 for that matter) deserve their own thread. why would this not fall into the 612/456 or even the 550/575 thread?

if this were packaged in a non exclusive thread i suspect the negative posts would be a bit less apparent and blend in a bit more :)

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #14 tazandjan, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    Peter- The threads are organized logically by similarities of chassis or engine. If you have a better system, take it up with Rob.

Let me see if I can explain it to you. The FF is the first V12 with direct injection, all-wheel drive, and multi-link rear suspension. So now you explain why you do not think the FF and the 599 replacement, which will have a similar engine and chassis (probably without AWD, but who knows?) do not deserve their own forum.

Incidentally, the forums are 456/550/575 and 612/599, not what you mentioned. Maybe you can explain why they are grouped that way?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

15. ferraripete

456/550/575 and 612/599...got it.

i might group the entire aforementioned including the ff as they are luca era front engine v-12 config.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Pete- No, you would not do that. The 456-575 have a common platform with front A arms and rear H arms, eccentrics for suspension alignment and the engines are from the same family, Types F116 and F133, each evolved. They were contemporary cars with the 456 overlapping the 550 and the 550 the 456M, which overlapped the 575. Wheels and tires fit all three with 5x108 mm bolt patterns. The 575s have very little in common with the 599, except they are 2 seat GTs.

The 599 and 612 share the same platform with different wheelbases and new suspension F&R with shim adjustments. The 599 clutch and transaxle case were adapted to the 612 OTO. The 612 and 599 introduced the 5x114.3 mm (4.5") bolt pattern for wheels and 599 wheels will fit 612s. The 599 shared VVT with the Enzo.

The FF is a new platform as mentioned above with a bunch of new features that will be shared with the 599 replacement. Not mentioned in the post above is the variable valve timing similar to the 599 and Enzo, and not found on the 612, and the DCT, introduced on the California.

So all the forums are arranged logically, if you understand the cars, both temporally and technically.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    #17 Tifosi15, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    Youch, comprehensive knowledge versus a raving luddite... All in a thread started by a troll? Nice Taz, your posts are refreshing

18. ferraripete

luddite...great word! maybe, as i am not a huge fan of the direction that the cars have gone however there is no denying that they have become a technical tour de force. i think i am more of a 3 pedal guy.

i suspect my thesis was simply (apparently over simplified) that by isolating the new model with its own thread...it would seem a bit more prone to being a lightning rod.

i hope my history and tenure here on f-chat does trump my offensive post and allow me for a reprieve?

pcb

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #19 tazandjan, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    Peter- Reprieve not necessary. Just having some fun and you were giving me some great straight lines.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I think many of us will be surprised how well the FF will be viewed a few years from now.

In a similar way to the 612, I am getting over the initial shock and am starting to like a lot of things about the FF design.

I'm thinking a pozzi blue (or tdf blue) one with a cuoio interior would be a very nice looking ride.

21. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Was just noodling exactly that combination with my dealer this morning :)

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ron- Some reason you are fond of that color combo?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

23. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    I started off finding the look, well, unattractive.

What can I say, it's really growing on me. I'd love one and will probably get one when they're a year or two old. The more I THINK about it, the more I like it?

Giddy up!

24. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Pozzi or Blu Scozzi (even more rare factory color that Piero has on his 612) are fantastic on a big 12 cyl, esp with cuoio. Came very close on my GTO. TDF is also a wonderful 12 cyl color--had it on my 550 and it always seemed to draw oooh/ahhhs at any event :).

25. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Yes, sir.
    I've done tdf/tan and black/cuoio, so I figure tdf/cuoio has got to be a good choice. :)