Lapping - Ferrari Challenge weekend @ Laguna Seca | FerrariChat

Lapping - Ferrari Challenge weekend @ Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Stephen Ayers, Apr 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
    Very much looking forward to the Challenge weekend! I’m signed up for the lapping sessions though SF Ferrari. However there has been little information on the event (schedule, tech inspection requirements, etc) Any clues would be appreciated! (Note I’ve participated in many track events, not this one)

Thanks!

jcavalie likes this.
  2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    You will need a tech inspection and certification that your brake fluid is no more than a year old by Ferrari of SF. They will then put an inspection sticker on your windshield. You will also need the current Snell auto helmet you use for your other track events. Ask Emmanuel for the schedule. Usually you need to show up at 8:00a on track day to attend a mandatory drivers meeting. The track sessions are each usually 20 min. long and interspersed with the Challenge sessions. Have fun and stay safe. I can’t make it this year because of scheduling conflicts.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
  4. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Stephen - Have a great and safe time! I did it last year - can't make it this year. I took my car to FoSF on a Saturday morning that they had arranged prior to the event, and they did all the tech inspections that morning...10min or so looking at each car. They then placed the sticker on the window. They asked about my last brake fluid change, any oil leaks, any cooling issues, etc....but they may have been more careful with those questions with me as I was in my 330 GTC, not my modern car. Have fun!