Lapping Ferrari Challange Weekend @ Laguna Seca | FerrariChat

Lapping Ferrari Challange Weekend @ Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Stephen Ayers, Apr 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
    Very much looking forward to the Challenge weekend! I’m signed up for the lapping sessions though SF Ferrari. However there has been little information on the event (schedule, tech inspection requirements, etc) Any clues would be appreciated! (Note I’ve participated in many track events, not this one)

Thanks!

Manda racing likes this.
  2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have fun I was thinking of going up but not participating.

Picts please.

3. SAU KWENG TAN

SAU KWENG TAN Karting

Feb 21, 2018
    Los Angeles County
    Full Name:
    SAU TAN
    Very nice. I love to join the event.

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I did the owner lapping at COTA in March during the Ferrari Challenge Event here in Austin. It's fairly tame, they intermingle a touring session and a sport session. The touring session allows for you to take a passenger and a lead car sets the pace so it's not scary or stressful for the new drivers and passengers. You can hit triple digit speeds in multiple places on COTA during that session.

The sport sessions are for solo driving and you will be limited by the skill of the other drivers. Passing was allowed on straights. The owner lapping was done after the final races were completed on Sunday. There were some other private lapping sessions on previous days but I don't believe any of that was owner related.

one4torque and Stephen Ayers like this.