Lancia Delta Integrale 16V | FerrariChat

Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Hawkeye, Feb 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
  2. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
  3. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    love the delta integrale. probably because not many of them around. whats the differences between owning this version and the 1994/1995 final versions or EVO's that arent able to meet the 25 year rule for import into the USA yet?

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Well, we are just starting to get into Evo timeframes for importation. Evo has wider flares, 5-spoke hubs, bigger wheels/brakes, interior tweaks. Many other small things.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Woah cool

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Cool car!!

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    They make a beautiful noise

- via iPhone

8. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    such a vast difference in prices between the later evo/finale editions versus this one. but i like this one. always been hesitant to buy lancia's because of lack of mechanic expertise where i reside. really want to buy an integrale but never have seen one in person. and am thankful for this post to reinvigorate my wants. ill be thinking about this while i pick a badly needed daily driver.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Growing up in Europe, I used to see integrales all the time. The amazing sound, the wide body which btw it looked even wider on the narrow European streets..everything was special about that car. I wish I had some extra room in my garage and get my hands on one of those. great car.

10. wendell

wendell Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas
    Did it sell?

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Love these cars.

But, I live in South Florida and the big question is, did any of them come with factory
    A/C?

Or, were they all the "Non-functioning A/C" the guy refers to in the video?

BHW

12. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    To address some questions (NOT MY CAR):

As far as my research into these cars suggests, they all came with AC. I could be wrong, but all the AWD cars seem to have AC. But they are Italian cars from the 1980s and early 1990s, so you decide how functional that AC may be - probably pretty decent?

A very quick history of the 2litre cars (there were smaller engined, non-awd varieties available as well):

2 litre, turbo charged, intercooled, fuel injected, all wheel drive, three differentials (!), 5 speed only, sunroofs optional, 4 doors, hatch back.

Delta HF 4WD - 165hp, flat hood, no fender flares
    Delta HF integrale: 8Valves, had 185hp, flat hood, fender flares.
    Delta HF integrale 16V - 16valves, bigger turbo and intercooler, 200-205hp, bumped hood, fender flares, ABS optional
    Delta HF integrale "evolution" - 210-215hp, ABS

The 16V cars have a different torque split than the 8V cars (more rear biased), they weigh a little more, they have optional ABS, 7" instead of 6.5" wide wheels, hydraulic clutch and other little changes.

The evolution models are very different - while the basics remained the same, track was widened, suspension mounting points were changed, the hood got more venting, all 4 headlights became the same diameter, changed to 5 bolt hubs, side skirts are different, the wing was added, and (supposedly) not a single body panel interchanges.

there were many special editions of the Evo, but they were mostly badge and paint, not mechanically different.

The ebay advert says that this car was bid up to 20,200$ and did not meet reserve. From the photos alone, the car has ABS. It also has the correct steering wheel, a nice touch. The wing was added, bc it is a "evo" wing - it can be adjusted to sit flush with the roof or stand straight up. The side lights on the front fenders are different than most Deltas, bc they are japanese market side lights. The HF badges on the fenders cover the holes for the original lights, which seems to be how this modification was made in japanese market cars without a costly repainting of the fenders.

It sure looks clean and pretty.

the market for these seems pretty varied. Year, location, condition all come into play.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    only came across this car once but it was a cool once. over 15 yrs ago was doing one of my 1st track days ever in my new Ferrari at limerock. started to snow and I spun out on the down hill turn doing a 720 but miraculously not hitting anything. I limped into the pits and parked next to an evo integrale. driver saw what happened to me and asked if I wanted a ride in his 'snowmobile'. I got in and he proceeded to lap the track sideways faster than I was doing going straight. we did about 5 laps before snow got so heavy they closed the track for the day. was a great rally experience in an awesome car

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Looks like it bid up to a little over $20k but had a BIN of $42k. $42k is way too much for a non Evolution car. Since this is just a 16v, I would think it's condition would warrant $25k.

15. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You cant buy an EVO anywhere for 42k US anymore.
    Did you see the ugly 8V that sold on BAT for 25k US

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Taking the car off of the market, thanks!

17. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hang on to it, they are just to going to go up on value
    There is a nice 16v that I helped import up on BAT now. Ends Wednesday. Keep an eye on it see how it goes for price.