Lancia Aurelia B20GT chop top restomod, any more details? | FerrariChat

Lancia Aurelia B20GT chop top restomod, any more details?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Sep 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Saw one in Malibu last Sunday in sort of turqoise color. I neglected to ask what Lancia engine was in it, seemed to have a whole lot of modifications, I gather there is more than one been created by the same shop in the UK (story here https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a25724836/lancia-aurelia-outlaw/

So are Lancia collectors properly horrified or is this recognition long overdue for a pretty subtle car?

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Well it definitely looks better than the original factory version plus the top had been lowered for racing back then anyways. I think it looks great and it’s nice to see Lancia have its spotlight.

3. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    The Road Rat Summer 2019 issue has an article on Outlaws that covers these cars, the Emory 356s, and Eagle E-types. They don't have much about the engine in the Lancia, but it appears to be based on the standard block, but with 6-individual throttle bodies (fuel-injected). Thornley Kelham's point is that Lancia hasn't really existed for enthusiasts since the early 1990s, so an outlaw helps keep the brand in front of people. The other point that the Road Rat article makes is that the 356, E-type, and Aurelia were built in fairly large numbers. https://theroadrat.com/products/issue-003