Lambo Calabasas---No More??? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Lambo Calabasas---No More???

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by MrGreenJeans, Oct 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. waltferrari

waltferrari Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Walter Lima
    I heard rumors that they are reopening in few weeks. Not sure if the same owner though.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    It's not.

3. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Of course I don't pay attention to what you say "about this site and what it's all about". I will however heed the warning of the moderator, I suggest you follow suit...

4. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    I heard the same talk, Vic has sold his inventory to another well known local businessman (who's name I won't say just yet) . Maybe Bravo channel will start up a reality series !!

5. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Hey, maybe HipHop Joe is going into the Lambo business?

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I know someone, or two... looking for a Murci.

7. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    You know a guy...LOL....

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The advert for Lambo Orange County in La Vita (LCA Magazine) says "Dealership Opening Soon Under New Ownership"

9. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I got mine yesterday but didn't get a chance to read it yet... I would assume that it went to the printer before all the crap happened and if so they would have had to submit that ad before that??

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm not sure. La Vita seems to have a later press date than some of the other mags. Forza, for example, just called me asking for APRIL 09 artwork. Yikes!

11. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    From this early morning...

Lamborghini Dealership Empty, New Owners on the Way
    San Fernando Valley Business Journal

A year ago Lamborghini Calabasas opened to much fanfare. The cast of the hit television show “Heroes,” famed model Fabio and the Dixie Chicks’ Natalie Maines, among many more, were on hand to witness the launch of the luxury car dealership.

Upon its grand opening, the 4,000-sq. foot-dealership in the 23800 block of Ventura Boulevard, just off the Parkway Calabasas exit on Interstate 101, had already sold 15 of the 80 cars in its fleet. Today, the dealership is empty.

Michael Haas, account director of Luxe Communications, the Beverly Hills-based public relations firm that represented the dealership, said that Lamborghini Calabasas isn’t closed for good but in the process of switching ownership. According to Haas, previous owner Vik Keuylian was suffering from financial troubles that resulted in him closing the dealership.

Keuylian, who said that he had more than 25 years of Lamborghini sales experience when the Calabasas dealership opened, also owned and ran Lamborghini Orange County with his three sisters, Astrid, Nora and Sossi. Two years ago, Lamborghini decided that Calabasas would be the site of a new dealership after conducting market studies on the city as well as nearby Agoura Hills and Westlake Village. In the end, Calabasas was considered to be the most attractive option because of the number of people moving into the community and the prosperity of the residents there, Lamborghini officials said. Additionally, Calabasas is home to other luxury automobile brands such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and MINI dealerships.

Haas said that any day now Lamborghini is expected to announce who will take over the now vacant dealership. However, after having an initial conversation with the Business Journal about Lamborghini Calabasas, Haas did not return numerous messages left by the Business Journal for further information about the switch in ownership at the dealership.

Keuylian’s Lamborghini dealership in Orange County has also closed.

At one time, Keuylian had reportedly claimed responsibility for selling 10 percent of the 2,400 Lamborghinis unleashed worldwide annually. In April, Keuylian revealed no sign that his dealerships were in distress. Then, he told the Orange County Register, “This April was better than April ’07. Other dealers are turning down cars and we’re picking them up and selling them at a profit.”

12. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    On another "car" site, one user claims Vic has disappeared and the FBI is looking for him. Crazy rumors abound.

Who knows?

13. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    #188 Sportscarnut, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
    I got my addition a week ago (my car is in several of the pictures featured in the Giro Run article :))...and the advertisement for O.C. is on page 8.

As for the advertisement and the timing...I have no idea when the edition was printed but if it was prior to the closing then someone saw the handwriting on the wall?

Either way...I and many of my fellow Lambo owners/friends are waiting with baited breath for the O.C. location to reopen.

Sounds like the opening is close at hand.

14. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Apparently time to bump this thread....

http://ocbiz.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/13/vw-accuses-lamborghini-oc-of-12-million-theft/8100/

VW accuses Lamborghini O.C. of $12 million theft
    January 13th, 2009, 6:00 am · 1 Comment · posted by John Gittelsohn

Lamborghini Orange County, formerly the world’s largest dealer of the Italian luxury vehicles that sell from upwards of $200,000 apiece, closed in November without explanation. Now court documents indicate what happened.

The owners of Lamborghini Orange County in Santa Ana committed “outright theft” of approximately $12 million by selling its fleet of exotic sports cars at deep discounts and failing to pay their creditor, according to a lawsuit filed by Volkswagen Credit Inc. in Orange County Superior Court.

The lawsuit says the owners of the Orange County dealership and its affiliate in Calabasas unloaded 54 cars in eight days – accounting for 8 percent of all the Lamborghinis sold in the United States during all of 2008.

The lawsuit says VW Credit doesn’t know where the proceeds went.

The owners of the dealerships named in the suit are Vik Keuylian and his sisters Asdghig, Nora and Sossi Keuylian. Their attorney, Jeffrey Gubernick, declined to comment on the allegations, because the case is still under litigation.

Gubernick has filed a motion to strike VW Credit’s demand for punitive damages, but still not responded to the general allegations in the lawsuit. A hearing is scheduled for Jan. 22.

The Keuylians attracted a celebrity list of customers, including NBA stars Kobe Bryant and Dennis Rodman. They staged fundraisers hosted by Elton John and Sharon Stone to support research to fight AIDS.

VW Credit provided financing for Lamborghini Orange County and its sister dealer in Calabasas to finance the cars. Volkswagen owns Lamborghini.

In a separate suit filed in Orange County Superior Court, East-West Bank is suing the Keuylians and Lamborghini Orange County for defaulting on a $3 million loan, for which they failed make payments in November and December.

Another lawsuit filed in Las Vegas seeks $340,000 from Vik Keuylian for failing to pay him for a 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago formerly owned by Stephen Cloobeck, owner of Diamond Resorts.

“They took the car but never gave me the check,” Cloobeck said.

15. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    54 cars in 8 days!!!?!

Wow...

I wonder how much he was selling them for?

Anybody know or if you don't wanna say can you at least give a ballpark?

Crazy!

16. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay