Lambo Calabasas---No More??? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lambo Calabasas---No More???

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by MrGreenJeans, Oct 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Any word on the reopening of these dealerships?

2. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Please, don't let him take the Lamborghini, it could cause another brush fire...

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You've been challenged, what say you? Now's the time to either accept or disappear.....

4. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I assume you are talking about Scuderia that has been challenged, becuase Dusty made the suggestion about the track, I agreed and challenged him to do it and his reply only said to not bring the Lambo it would cause a fire... I didn't see anything in there as to whether or not he is going to accept the challenge... If his profile is correct, he lives in the OC and so California Speedway is right in between him and I, we would just have to find out when there is a track day there and we'll sign up and see who get a better lap time. The details can be worked out later.... And if he thinks my Lambo will cause a fire, I may even be willing to do this in my regular 'ol Porsche 997S, which would be at a huge horsepower disadvantage against the Ferrari but I wouldn't want to catch anything on fire in my Lambo.... Although that may defeat the purpose of this to show which car can do what, but i'll leave the option open.

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    As expected, you stood up and accepted while he (so far) has vaporized.

Time will tell.... ;):)

6. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Horsepower isn’t everything on a road course and the driver can make an astronomical difference. Check out the video and you may also agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWQDWXviuFM

7. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I definitely know that.. I have been passed by all kinds of low horsepower cars, Miata's, Honda's etc....and it's kinda embarrasing at first but hey, they are just better drivers, and some of those cars are sooo light and almost not street legal that I wouldn't doubt that they would pass me, but depending on which configuration we would be on at Cal Speedway, horsepower makes a little difference, mainly on the Nascar part of the roval, I am definitely down on power in the Porsche when I go down the front straight...

8. Davanie

Davanie Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    I am looking for the Ferrari Broker "Lawerence Elliott"... Also there was a 1963 Ferrrari Super America, that I previously owned. I had sold it to Lajolla Ferrari... Does anyone know if it is the Los Angeles Area?... I do not have the VIN# available....
    I am looking for these cars for purchase at the moment.. Of affordability... a 1970 fiat Dino Spyder...(Year Specific), a 1972 Ferrari 365GTC4, as well as a Iso Griffo, Please help with this request...

9. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Establishing the fact of who's the better driver on a race track, you or I, isn't the point. The winner of Ferrari VS Lamborghini has been established already, by better men than us, I'll bet you can guess who wins, by a large margin. Face it, if your car was all that, somebody would be out challenging Ferrari and Porsche on the ALMS circuit, not to mention the lack of Lambo's in ANY race series.

There will come a day, when you're a "former" Lamborghini owner, that you will realize what I say is true.

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Took you a week to come up with that? What a joke! Shut up and go drive your matchbox!

11. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    No, it took about 2 minutes, about the amount of time I spend reading this message board every week...

12. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #164 darth550, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
    ......blah blah blah.....whatever........

Why lie?

13. TTM-BUL

TTM-BUL Karting

Dec 18, 2006
    I imagine the cars the pros drive are way different than the ones we buy, regardless of brand. Maybe the best way to settle the argument is to have a non biased driver drive both vehicles on a track and see which performs the best. We get a couple of members to donate (tricky part) the use of their vehicle and we will have our answer. I'm sure others could chime in with more specific parameters for the event.

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    dead link.

why has this tread become a pissing contest?

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Gawd I love you SOCAL guys...

Head banging taken to high art.

Ok, so... what exactly are we trying to accomplish with all of page two of this thread? I sure can't tell.

Oh, I see, you guys are doing what my lawyer buddies refer to as, "Dick slapping." It's argument for sport, and the guy who is the biggest dick (Not the guy who has the biggest dick) trie to win a pointless argument by going on and on and on and on and on....

Well, you get my point.

Either get it back on track, or leave it alone, but any more 'dick slapping' is gonna get the thread shut down and someone banned.

Grazie.

your humble moderator, Dave.

16. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    The STIG!!!!!!!!!!

17. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I was all done with this one but I have to chime in one more time to at least make sure that I'm not the one being called the biggest dick... Please look back at this thread and you will clearly see who is the biggest dick, it's the guy that started getting this thread off track and called Lambos a POS... I was clearly trying to educate the newbie how this website works and get the thread back on track and he kept going on and on.

The part about going to the track and seeing which car was better was a suggestion and I opted in on the challenge, our buddy is trying to say that because Lambos aren't in racing, they aren't as good as the cars that are when in fact the cars we drive on the street are completely different and his 430 against my Gallardo would be a pretty straight up match and he is obviously not up for the challenge...

I am done with this thread unless someone else posts something about the initial subject. But if Scuderia wants to put his money where his mouth is, please feel free to PM me or start a new thread that is specifically about the subject...

18. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't hold your breath! ;)

19. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Ill come out to play as well.

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Cool! You bring the Java and I'll bring the popcorn! :):)

21. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Dun.

22. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Indeed, except for the fact that the arguing is somewhat off topic, we've been keeping it civil. I find it hard to believe that a Ferrari enthusiast would be banned from a Ferrari message board for pointing out the fact that Ferrari is a superior car to Lamborghini.

FORZA FERRARI

23. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    You just don't get it do you, did you read anything I said about this site and what it's all about, you keep thinking that it's exclusive to Ferrari owners only, IT'S NOT, if you can't understand that then you definitely should be banned... And which car is better is your opinion, not a fact...

And a note on the actual subject of this thread, driving home last week I saw a couple of car transporters in front of Calabasas... Not sure what they were doing as there's no cars in the showroom. And until last week there was a van in front of Calabasas every morning with a "guard" and I haven't seen him there lately... Not sure what he was guarding, there's nothing there.... Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with OC and Calabasas?