Laguna Seca - Allen Berg race school | FerrariChat

Laguna Seca - Allen Berg race school

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fbrs2, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    I've always wanted to drive at Laguna Seca and saw this 3 day formula course there in November which looks like it could be fun. Has anyone done it? Got any comments good/bad/ugly? I've done quite a bit of track driving in the UK and Europe but never a formula course like this and never in the US so have no idea what to expect. Any idea what level of driver it's aimed at?

https://www.allenbergracingschools.com/tracks/laguna/

Thanks Californians,

Francis

2. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

https://youtu.be/1yLLVtzvrIE

I track there all the time in my BMW 330ci, the day that video was taken there was a Mclaren and Ferrari 458 on the track as well. I use hooked on driving race school and they goto Laguna Seca many times throughout the year.
    It's a fun track.

The school looks fun in that you get to drive in an open wheel race car. I've always wondered how fast I could get around Laguna Seca in a real race car.

3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter

Also check out simraceway formula 3 program at Sonoma raceway .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Thanks Gents. I actually found an old thread on Rennlist and a number have done it there with very positive reviews. I'll give it a go in November I think.

Regards
    Francis

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Hi, I did the Allen Berg Racing School back in 2007, when they first opened at the now defunct Race City Speedway in Calgary. Even then, the course was very professionally run, good instruction, the cars were well prepared and ready to run - it was a great experience. I did several refresher or track evening sessions with them over the next few years, and the program was continuously improving through that period, as they added video and telemetry to the cars and had debriefing sessions with the data after each run session.

I have continued to receive emails about the programs that Allen is running, and I am hoping to be able to make the trip to Laguna Seca and participate in another school session sometime soon. 10 years ago, they were the best value in an open wheel racing school in North America, and I think they may well still offer the best value and experience now.

Highly recommended!