LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 4 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I don't think that's true at all. Money is a tool, its inanimate. What matters is who you are. There are many people who earned their money by serving the needs of the market and through years of sacrifice and struggle (many of them here on FChat). Then there are people who are born into money and were never taught to use it or understand it or appreciate it. Money isn't the issue, its the heart of the person that has disregard for others.

2. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    A old friend that had a cocaine problem for a while only commented with: "that guy is seriously coked out". Takes one to see one

3. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Too much money if you can afford to fry your brain out with the stuff.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    So how much of American taxpayers dollars are being spent on 3 black Escalades full of secret service to protect them ;)

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    True just say "Protected Player" the USA is just a new playground for foreign billionaires to do as they wish, NO laws apply to them and you probably can't make them leave.
    Deal with it

6. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    To me this is telling what great parenting skills the ruler of K-tar has and what kind of a human being he is. To bad the USA has to suck up to these people the prez is probably on the phone saying "sorry" I will get the NSA to remove all copies of the video from the Interweb that Al Fore invented.

7. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    It would be VERY interesting to see what american politically connected individuals could get away with in Qatar.

As an aside, nobody truly important to the Qatari's would be living in a property that exposed.

8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    I think you really should give some more thought on the things you read, who's posting them and subsequently the reactions that you give before falling in the trap of prejudism, namecalling, subject diverting and having to play the "turn around the facts" game.

9. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I would think he was nanny raised

10. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    If these videos go viral all over the world, and on the tube they will probably move to a gated address close by ...... By the end of the week.
    They will be driving the same just on different streets ;)
    By now they should have some hot SoCal groupie girls who are scantly clad hanging out in front hitch hiking as they drive by.

11. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If cops were called they can act.

There is no general criminal immunity. Plenty of avenues for punishment and restrictions. Just takes some observers to not be complacent.

I see egregious and reckless driving behavior all too often from exotics owners and regular car owners alike. Hard to report when driving, however.

Video evidence is nice to have though!

12. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    The truly important ones already do.

13. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    It's reciprocal I'm guessing. And how high up the political connection is would dictate what an individual could get away with and how they are treated if caught fully in the wrong. I'll put it to you like this, after 9/11 when there was a total ban on all air traffic within U.S. airspace. The members of the bin ladens that were in the U.S. Were some of the first people granted the right to fly out of the U.S. That takes some serious connections. This guy is in the U.S. And being protected as any visiting royal would.

14. Barnyb

Barnyb Karting

Oct 1, 2014
    Auckland
    The LA police should now keep this LF as a marked car. Every time they see it, it should be pulled over and the driver should be questioned, breathalised,and so on .....

15. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    They should keep it as a patrol car.

16. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    FYI - there aren't enough mods to police every thread, so just report his post and I'm sure they will get to it.

17. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I don't see anything wrong with "tasteless comments." This is after all a chat site.

18. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

Good call Mike.

I've been to a local track with some very wealthy ME college aged kids and their HP exotics. They were extremely nice, down to earth, and true gear heads. They knew better and brought their expensive toys to the track, not the city streets. They obviously have good parents, albeit very wealthy

This idiot is not representative of the entire ME culture or their behavior in any way.

I'm glad to see mods coming down on blatant racism. It has no place here.

Thanks again.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

19. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    the American higher ups would not be so blatant about breaking the laws in other countries. Public opinions matter a lot more when you have to be elected, especially now with instant internet/news/video/social network.
    When you are royalty in ME, you don't have to care what your subjects think.

I'm sure American higher ups misbehave but they are much more discrete about it.

20. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    lol Columbia.

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have an offer in to take that damaged LaF off his hands for $100K. Contingent of course on a satisfactory PPI.

22. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I was thinking the same thing. South Central is only about 20 minutes south of Beverly Hills. Let these fools go down there and pull this ****. They will be jacked and shot in a New York minute.

23. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Want to do something about this? Let's eliminate our dependency on oil. That's the only thing which would really hurt a person like this.

24. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Defined by Buffett out doing brake-torques and blowing stop-signs in his 'ol Caddy.

25. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

A man with common sense! Bravo.