LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Disgusting

2. TKSA

TKSA Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    LA
    Idiot...could have easily killed someone.

I hope the State Dept sends a copy of this video to the Embassy requesting this gentleman depart immediately, that's if he/they truly have immunity.

Immunity is often misunderstood, you see if a royal is entering the US, enters as a tourist then no immunity.

If they are visiting at an official capacity, think a head of a delegation....then Yes, they get immunity.

If they technically work at the embassy with an official title (as most VIP royal students are set up, they go to school, but in the eyes of the Gov are Embassy employees), then yes the State Dept.'s only hand is to sent an official Persona non grata.

Or...

They ask the respective Gov, to drop the immunity, and charge them, this of course would never apply to a royal. However, it has happened with a Russian diplomat who was drunk-driving and killed a pedestrian in DC many years ago.

Its unfortunate what one jackass did, harms the reputation of an entire Country & Family, whom most aren't this reckless.

No matter how angry you feel, making racist & tasteless comments, is out of line.

It's funny how such statements are tolerated in this forum, yet any generalizations of any other ethnicity would require a flame-suit and BAN, hopefully the moderators will notice the deplorable words used above.

3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Completely and utterly dispicable.

Onno

4. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    +1

Onno

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm more concerned about the car, why would anyone treat such an important vehicle so badly, are they stupid? Hope there wasn't anything seriously wrong with it

6. Kevins93cobra

Kevins93cobra Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    It's a matter of money, or should I saw how little money. Imagine you and your friends picked up some $500 cars. How would you treat them? That $500 to you, compared to your income is about how the royal family of Qatar cares about a 1 million dollar Ferrari.

7. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
    A lot of people here and other forums are saying "they're protected, can't do anything about it..." which baffles me. I can't believe someone here or on other forums has the right relationships to bring more attention to this on mainstream media. Bad PR can put pressure on the people to just leave and go elsewhere... or put the issue of immunity in the public light...

?

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I appreciate that, but it's a limited edition Ferrari, one of only a few, you might hope that someone cares enough to treat them properly, the guy drives like he's on drugs

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Actually it is a matter of being a badly-behaved, arrogant prick.

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Daddy's money ??

you mean burning the country's natural resources for their own use....

They don't have history of giving one bit about other people's rights or interests, even the most basic human rights:

Qatar's troubled 'kafala' system proves hard to change - Yahoo Sports

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafala_system

11. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    OMG. Is this really going to turn into a stereotypical USA vs Arabs thread?

**** driving. Prosecute and deport. And leave the politics out of it.

If that doesn't happen that's because the US government (which buys their natural gas) WANTS them and their Qatari (Qatar is the richest country per capita in the world) tourist billions in SoCal. Just like it wants the Saudi money and Kuwaiti money...

Some pathetic posturing here. That LaFerrari is not worth a minutes pay to those guys. Believe me. If he scrapes it on the road - seriously - it's a car - who cares? And if it smokes after some fairly pathetic road use, then it's not a good car either!

That said: Comment on the driving which was reckless, illegal and life-endangering and which deserves legal sanction. Keep the financial whining and schoolboy politics out.

12. Barnyb

Barnyb Karting

Oct 1, 2014
    Auckland
    Make a bigger fuss in the press, and maybe a letter to the King of Qatar, and the family will embarrass the driver back to a desk job in Doha. The Royal family will not want the reputation of putting up with a royal prat running the streets of LA and diminishing their good name by acting like a 17 year old in daddy's car.

13. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    It baffles me to think that so many American's don't realize the extent of immunity that is given to these tourists (if you can call them that). Again, the issue is much more amplified in London and elsewhere in popular coastal destinations in Europe - the local population have complained for years...

14. Murcielago_Boy

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    This is exactly right.
    The Emir of Qatar impounded the London "Harrods Koeniggsegg and LP670SV" after they ended up in the papers for flagrantly disobeying UK road/parking laws citing how embarrassing the owners' behavior had been for the nation.

15. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Stereotypical ?? up to now most reactions were all prettty factual.

Where not talking about Beeber here. Their (Qatari) royals, part af the ruling family, a representative of their political system. In most country's that comes with responsibilty. If this was European royalty, he would be on a plane home and cause political turmoil.

Please leave the financial whining and schoolboy politics out of it.

Like you said; who cares about the car, most reactions were about their reckless, respectless conduct. Which is not an isolated case but a reoccuring theme, in more ways then one.

16. Murcielago_Boy

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    #67 Murcielago_Boy, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Look, I'm not going get into a pi55ing match with you, irrespective of how provocative your post was intended to be.

However, when your fellow f-chatters come on with comments like "camel jockey" and you start talking about how a separate nation state may choose to "burn their natural resources," (or their human rights record! Jeez!), taking a wildly tangential direction to the core discussion of reckless driving of a rare car, then you're going to come across like a xenophobic, financial envious and politically-naive poster.... one with poor grammar at that. (Indeed, on that front, I'd urge you to re-read and perhaps correct your post).

Have fun kids!

17. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Racist Remarks are not permitted.

Two week ban.

Mike

18. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    LOL....

jweilan gets more punishment than driver of LF..

ha ha..

19. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    The ever lurking "turn around the facts" game again.....

Speaking of schoolboy behaviour...

20. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I feel that this is a personal insult to me as an owner and enthusiast.

21. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Video made me physically cringe. The one DLMPhotos uploaded of the car scraping as it leaves the driveway was just awful.

22. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I was thinking this as well. America has changed when we cant even prevent this on our own streets.
    I could give a rats behind about the car, its a car. Anyone else have kids that play outside? Unacceptable behavior in a neighborhood.

Seems harsh to me honestly. Maybe there was a history of bad behavior.

23. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    All it proves is that there is such a thing as too much money....