LaFerrari Spider? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari Spider?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by gt_lusso, Mar 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Is the socalled laferrari-spider only a roof-chopped version of a laferrari or something more evolutionary like the f60america..?

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    My bet is it will be identical to coupe with manual take off top

3. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I assume you're correct. I've been offered (unprompted I might say) a contract by someone representing a '"box owner". It's credible. Clearly someone who has no interest in the car other than quickly turning it for a large profit, hence my assumption.

4. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    are you going for it?

5. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    I think you underestimate the character of some the new customers coming on line in the Far East, Russia etc who are not "grateful for the privilege of paying" for a Ferrari. We're pathetic here in the west, we really are...

We've already seen a Chinese customer publicly quite literally chop his Gallardo in half appalled at poor service from the factory and Lamborghini were a laughing stock for some time in the country, to the extent that the CEO had to intervene to placate the owner who was deliberately spending money to humiliate the company. Reminds me of someone in Germany that sued Ferrari for overstating the performance of his 430 Spider and actually won.

Let me tell you, a Russian oligarch/Chinese Businessman/Indian Trillionaire annoyed at being lied to about BS production numbers could embarrass the company in exactly the same way.
    After all, if you've just taken delivery of your 110m Feadship, who cares about throwing your $4m LaFerrari overboard just to prove a point? There are toys MUCH MUCH bigger than cars and some people don't take any 5hit.

We're a meek bunch here in the west and it perpetuates the manufacturers taking the pi55 with us. Remember it's OUR money that keeps Ferrari functioning. Don't be grateful they give you the chance to spend it. From memory they could barely deliver 400 cars in 1992.

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    There is another way for putting this - with offering you to buy their limited edition car, they are actually offering you to make money from nothing - after all, everybody knows, that no matter how many miles you put on your LaFerrari, you will be able to sell it for at least double the sticker price :)

7. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Paying to surreptitiously take someone else's contract has never been my thing so no.

My point was in response to a previous question; I assume someone who has been invited wouldn't immediately look to flip their car if the S was a significant upgrade on the LaF.

I'm sure it will be beautiful regardless.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    imo, would be a mistake for any one who can afford it to turn down opportunity for laf spider. It will be worth more eventually than whatever premium it costs to get one and besides investment value its gorgeous, sounds amazing, hyper performance, and now open top! How can you turn that down!

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Perhaps someone who doesn't like open-tops and doesn't want to cross Ferrari by flipping the car as soon as he/she gets it.

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why would a billionaire care about production numbers in the first place? The only people who care about production numbers are those sensitive to price.

11. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Thats not totally correct. Some people only care about exclusivity.

12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Then you'd just buy a more exclusive car. Plenty of far more exclusive cars than Ferraris. Hell, you could even just build a special project car.

13. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    My comment was meant to argue that the only people who care about production numbers are people who are price sensitive. That is not true.

14. Vitor Faria

Vitor Faria Karting

Dec 9, 2013
    Portugal
  15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Why still have the cutouts for the doors in roof though?

16. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    looks great!

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #467 dcmetro, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    I don't think so since that's a spider... the doors won't have an upper part. It's not even sur even sure it will have an removable hard top. Maybe only a clothe top

Chalstrad confirmed the butterfly doors are kept.

18. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
    On the relaunched top gear last night, Gordon Ramsey (tv chef) showed his laFerrari spider box, indicating he had ordered one to go with his Coupe.
    He mentioned 100-150 to be produced.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Hope he lost his allocation because of that.

20. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    Why? And why would he?!

21. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    How's it any different from members of Fchat publicly stating on here that they have a LaFerrari Spider on order?

If Ferrari haven't made the potential owners sign a specific non-disclosure contract in order to keep the cars existence secret, why should Gordon Ramsey lose his allocation?

22. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Why? Genuinely confused.

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Because of the non-disclosure and mainly because he's an ass.

24. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Do you have first hand knowledge that he did something that is specifically not allowed, or are you just trying to make a point?

25. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Bitter much?