Labor Day Weekend Cops | FerrariChat

Labor Day Weekend Cops

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by PhilNotHill, Sep 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Saw three State Patrol and one city cop on 82.

I was doing 70 in a 65 just like everybody. Got passed by a blue Audi. There was a State cop hidden on a side road. He pulled out after I passed. I got in the left turn lane...the cop went thru the light, turned around on the median, turned on his lights and followed the blue Audi into the gas station.

Be careful out there.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #2 sherpa23, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Phil, it's Jazz Aspen Snowmass. It is your second busiest weekend of the year. Not the same all over the state. There are extra police in both aspen and snowmass as well as highway 82 right now. It's not because of Labor Day; it's because of the festival.

There were 25,000 people for Jimmy Cliff and No Doubt last night. There will be even more for The Fray and Lenny Kravitz tonight. That's why there are so many police in the roaring fork valley this weekend.

It's a great weekend up here. It's especially fun if you have back stage passes to the concerts. Here is No Doubt from last night.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    There was a DUI checkpoint ON Highway 285 west (south) bound just past the West Ranch Center yesterday. I have lived in Conifer for 15 years and have never seen a checkpoint ON the highway.

The heat is on! Be safe out there.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    What about the Motherlode Volleyball Tournament this weekend in Aspen? :D

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Saw that too. Every park is full of volleyball players but it looked like rec volleyball to me. Didn't realize it was a tourney.