Koenigsegg | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Koenigsegg

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by FL 355, Oct 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    One of the reasons I like this car so much is because of how few there are and how much he changes the design. There are usually minor changes made to the look of the car like every time I look at it. If you actually own one, it's probably going to almost be an original.

2. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    . . .just like Pontiacs. While it is interesting to watch the car evolve I can't help but wonder if the early buyers feel like Koenigsegg sold them a work in progress. I think they are definitely moving in the right direction though. The new headlight cluster looks much better than the original setup and the vented metal panel that bisects the rear bumper makes the rear of the car look much more interesting without being too busy.

3. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I was under the impression that the 04 655hp version came in at under 400k (around 350k). Is the CCR that much more expensive? More than triple the cost? Or is just simple supply and demand that's driving the price up into the millions?

About the coefficient of drag, a quick look on the company site pointed out a
    Cd of 0.297. It's no .25 but it's still pretty good nonetheless.

Spec sheet/page for those interested: http://www.koenigsegg.se/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4

Pics and a couple of movies:
    http://www.koenigsegg.se/images/index.asp

4. Stephen S. Saia (sssaia)

Apr 14, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Stephen S. Saia
  5. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    One of my favorite cars.. Love the design and look, as well as, the monster engine..

These were taken (not by me) in West Palm a few months before the show.. Same car obviously..

6. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    another..

Just awesome..

7. jos

jos Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    /
  8. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    i 1st saw this car on here and was like *i wish i knew what this thing was....* then i saw it on the road and i thought it was a kitcar.....

but i do like it and cant wait to see it again......btw i was at a ferrari dealer when a friend of the guy who knows the owner of the black koenigsegg ,came in.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Does anybody have close-up pics of the door hinge mechinisim on these cars?

I would really like to see how they work

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Here's the hinges themselves. Think of them as corkscrews mounted sideways, able to turn 90 degrees only. As they rotate, they turn the door up and over, like a Lambo door, but in addition they push the door outwards as well. As they rotate in the other direction, they pull the door down, but also inwards.

There's a few other pics of the car parked with the door open on my site (go to Transport, Factory, Koenigsegg) so you can see how it is pushed away from the body.

It is a bit of an issue if you are parking next to a hedge or pole...you have to allow a bit of extra room for the door in the open position. The car's wide, so with the extra room allowed for the door on the non-traffic side, you (or your passenger) have to be vigilant when opening the door on the traffic side. If somebody hit the protruding door, t would be a very expensive repair...you would have to replace the entire chassis and it is one big, advanced piece of carbon-fibre.