Klippan seat belts | FerrariChat

Klippan seat belts

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, Nov 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I am looking for a couple of Klippan seat belt receivers to fit a Khamsin. These seat belts were also used on the late Boras and I suspect on the Merak SS. They were most likely also used on Alfas and perhaps Fiats.
    I already checked with MIE. Perhaps someone has a set or knows of another car that used them. I only need the receiver (female) part. Below is also a photo of the male part for reference.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Ivan, definitely FIAT. When I first purchased my Khamsin, the trim piece that holds the release button and spring in place was broken. I went to the local FIAT (yea I’ve owned #1226 for a long time), I was able to match it to a period FIAT belt.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I am still searching for these seats belts. No luck with any of the FIAT parts distributors.

Ivan

4. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Ivan,
    you may want to check the receiver as it may be manufactured by ROBBINS even though the belt material is KLIPPAN
    Regards
    Paul

5. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    You are correct, the buckle is made by Robbins! I already bought a couple of seat belt receivers from a DeTomaso Pantera that work. They are a bit shorter so I will make a couple of metal extenders. I just did a search and found some Robbins seat belts from a 1973 Ford Mustang that I think would have also worked, and would have been less expensive. This is good information to have for the future.
    Ivan

6. bj69

bj69 Karting

Mar 4, 2009
    I know Klippan was used on VW Beetle, Porsche and Mercedes. Not sure if that was in the same years as you’re looking for.

7. ralt72

ralt72 Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Nelson
    That would depend on the Porsche. For example, the factory belts used in 356's are very heavy, and not at all the same weave as the belt in Bora 1044, which is what I think Ivan is trying to replicate. If you saw them next to each other, you would agree. Perhaps the early 911's went to the Klippan belt; I can't speak to that.

8. achimguenther1

Nov 6, 2011
    Germany, Baunatal
    Full Name:
    Achim Günther
    Hello Ivan,
    my was also broken.
    I bought one of an older Mercedes which looked similar: see pictures
    The "tongue" of the Khamsins belt is a little bit shorter and the lock housing is a little big bigger, see pictures, so it will not snap in.
    I grinded a groove on both sides of the lock: it fits,... black color... perfect.
    The belt is shorter: I will try it, if not I need somebody to stich the Khamsin belt on the Mecedes lock.
    Greetings Achim

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login