KLINE INNOVATION Inconel exhaust 488 Pista | Page 2 | FerrariChat

KLINE INNOVATION Inconel exhaust 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Felix_kline, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 488 FRANCE

488 FRANCE Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    FRANCE
    I’m going to put 200 cell sports cata but I changed to decatalyst The top in decatalysing no engine light and the sound is wonderful

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Any honest dyno graphs comparing stock to Klien or other manufacturers?

Also what are your Ferrari dealers stance on complete exhaust systems...either 200 cell cats or no cats? I spoke with 2 dealers about this and was warned that warranty would be flagged with Ferrari USA and if there were any engine issues or engine control issues I would not be covered due to aftermarket exhaust.

3. 488 FRANCE

488 FRANCE Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    FRANCE
    the sound of the 488 pista is really not good, I prefer to disassemble and reassemble to have a sound level F40

dustman likes this.
  4. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  5. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    Ferrari Taiwan will void your warranty if you change or add anything on your car that is not from factory. If you change exhaust the complete car is out of warranty including electric components or suspension which has nothing to do with the engine. My friend installed Novitec rear carbon spoiler and they void his entire warranty. Funny thing is window tint is allowed lol

mdrums likes this.
  6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    The 458 system is, incredible.

7. Felix_kline

Felix_kline Karting
    Sponsor

Nov 6, 2013
    Nice pics 488 France, thank you ;);)

We will also make some raw comparison videos, for more setups of the exhaust. So currently your can order :

Valvetronic rear system
    100cell HJS cat pipes
    200cell HJS cat pipes
    Catless cat pipes

For 488 GTB we have carbon fiber tips. For the 488 Pista we will soon have Inconel tips.

Regarding warranties, it all goes down to the actual local dealer. Everything you do with our exhaust is 100% reversible with stock. We even have some official Ferrari/ Maserati dealers that sold our systems to their customers.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Any sound clip comparison on just the rear system w stock cats vs the stock rear w stock cats?

9. Felix_kline

Felix_kline Karting
    Sponsor

Nov 6, 2013
    Being a turbo car, a higher gas velocity is required to achieve more sound. Stock catalyst are very restrictive and the gas flow will stay the same. Changing just the rear will not bring any extra sound volume. It will improve tonality and of course save weight.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Need side by side comp. what I can tell you is that stock is terrible and the exhaust upgrade doesn’t sound improved in these videos. No disrespect meant.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Anyone who says Pista sounds terrible stock needs a lot more than just an exhaust. And the sound in the Kline video is amazing which only further confirms my previous statement. It could always be said anything can be made "better".... anyone can say that especially when the subject is "subjective"!

12. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Or when they don’t own a pista and want to justify why they don’t like

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Is it as terrible as the monotone whine of the old 458?

SVR likes this.
  14. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

I know, loud POS ....;)

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran