King Farouk's Reutter bodied 356:what did he dump it for? | FerrariChat

King Farouk's Reutter bodied 356:what did he dump it for?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bitzman, Apr 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I have been collecting more than half century old gossip about the portly regent, so I can write a story about him--he was a colorful guy. Today I read that he owned a very early Porsche by Reutter,
    An ad back in 1970 claimed car to have used a 1,131 cc Type 366
    engine originally. Status (3/2004) -- Car ... Reports originally sold to Mohamed
    Taher Pascha, nephew of King Farouk of Egypt so maybe that is as close as it got to the King. . Body number
    may be mistakenly recorded or stamped, could be 356/K1. ..... 806/44 8. B – Tatra
    /Reutter.
    Anyway to make things even more interesting, some guy working in the Mideast before the war, intrepid explorer type, had something to do with bringing Porsches to Egypt after the war. This guy was a spy for the Nazis during the war. but apparently didn't get punished for that after the war. His name was Laslo Almasy.. and Porsche co-operated with him because they were still building the first 50 cars and wanted to get one into any high profile people's hands, including relatives of royalty. What I'd like to know is what price is sold for in later years while it was still a bargain.

2. Hisho83

Hisho83 Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Hisham hassan
    I am looking for more information about this car. Does anyone have its chassis number??

How can it be recognized?
    Need more information