Kentucky Derby | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Kentucky Derby

Discussion in 'Sports' started by joe sackey, Apr 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes, and he is the current favorite based on performance, meanwhile it looks like my horse is an outsider who'll be piloted by a jockey (Florent Geroux) who has never ridden him before! Not the ideal scenario by any means, but he may still end up running down Omaha Beach and Tacitus. We'll see.

2. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    joe sackey likes this.
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes, but he lost Mike Smith when he defected to Omaha Beach, and as I think he is aways a big part of the equation, I'm going to add Tacitus as an equal choice this year, if I'm right, the winner of the 145th running will be a grey for only the 9th time in the race's history.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The weather forecast for Louisville for the next three days is terrible. Expect a sloppy track.:(

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    BREAKING NEWS - favorite Omaha Beach scratched!!!

I had a premonition that Mike Smith switching to him would somehow not work out in the race, but never expected this to happen!

Karma?

I wonder if Bob Baffert will now put him back up on Roadster? If Bob puts him back on Roadster then I'll stay with just Roadster, otherwise my picks are either Roadster or Tacitus ridden by the brilliant Jose Ortiz.

Favorites have scratched on Derby week before, I can think of I Want Revenge (a sure winner), Eskendereya & Uncle Mo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/01/kentucky-derby-favorite-omaha-beach-scratched-race/?utm_term=.22cbf2a633d9

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/233421/favored-omaha-beach-out-of-kentucky-derby

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Kentucky_Derby_2019_favorite_Omaha_Beach_to_scratch_123

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/2019_Kentucky_Derby_odds_revised_with_Omaha_Beach_defection_123

Just, wow, this changes everything as he would have been part of the pace scenario with his high cruising speed.

Omaha Beach out, Bodexpress in (I believe).

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Well now Omaha Beach scratched and is out of the race. Should still be a good race but I hate to see a top contender with a a good jockey drop out of the race

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    You beat me to it by a second! I was just reading about it and Bob Baffort said he is sticking with Florent Geroux

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/26650273/derby-favorite-omaha-beach-scratched-race%3fplatform=amp

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He has to on principle, for the sake of himself and all trainers out there who have to deal with jockeys playing musical chairs.

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  11. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Guess I'll go with a trifecta. 16-14-17 box ..

12. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #214 Ney, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    As is normal for today, we still don’t know who won. Come on, already........

What a effing joke.....the first horse across dqed.....

This is why smart people don’t bet, because dumb people can steal....

LARRYH and joe sackey like this.
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Very disappointing outcome.

14. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Don’t understand the disqualification

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    W T F?

I wonder if they have tainted the race from now on.

LARRYH likes this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I think that Max security should have been the winner not only did he cross the line first he had no contact with the horse country house that horse was obstructed by long range toddy or bod express . THe complaint was lodged by long range toddy and country house .... the horse War of Will was the horse that may have been obstructed by Max security yet that rider did not lodge a complaint .. IT would seem the horse that country House did not have reason to lodge a complaint against Max security.. Very disappointing if anyone was DQ'd it would have had to be all three of the potential offending horse ...... cant even have a fair horse raise anymore...

17. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I suppose they need to change the tag line for the Derby......

It is now “The fastest 24 minutes in sports......2 minutes on track and 22 in the officials replay room”

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Definitely a low point, I have a feeling this ruling will be contested, perhaps rightly so.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    To me this relates to the tragedies of recent horse deaths. There's something going on here about the "danger factor". But on a sloppy track it seems really tough to say the horse moved out to block.

I completely disagree with the ruling. It seems unfair to DQ the horse for this. Penalize the jockey if you want. Was it the horse's fault?

ag512bbi and joe sackey like this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Complete BS!!! Typical of the times. Not surprised!

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not to mention my 6-in-a-row winning streak came to an end as both my picks ran inexplicably poorly, altogether a baffling weekend.

Oh well we'll try again next year!

23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Funny, I liked Roadster also. He was my pick at my work "pool". I just hope Max Security doesn't run in the Preakness. If he races, all that'll do is hype this race up so the broadcast channels can make $$$$$.
    Let Max S. rest, and hope Country House doesn't win, and run Max S. in Belmont vs the Preakness winner.