Keep her clean! | FerrariChat

Keep her clean!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by xplodee, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Tried some new (to me) products this week. Detailing stuff have come a long way since the 90s when I did it for beer money. The sealants and spray waxes are pretty incredible and last a long time. Plus the microfiber towels are faster to use and very soft compared to terry towels and flannel of before.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Favorites?

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I’m trying the Meguiars standard formula which means:

M105 cut/buff
    M205 polish
    M21 sealant

I used these three for my 10hr correction last week. Then I drove it about 200mi.

This week I degreased the engine a bit more using a 4:1 water/soap formula of the Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner then sprayed Chemical Guys Black on Black over everything in the engine bay. The B2B product is an aerosol thats like a temporary clear coat for engine bays. It makes everything looking shiny (or satin if you buff it, which I did) and leaves very nice effect.

I also used Meguiars Spray Wax to top off the car this week. Mixed feelings on that, it didn’t buff out as nicely as I would have hoped, but it left a nice gloss and very slippery finish. This product gets very good reviews and can be sprayed over everything, windows and trim. I sprayed and buffed it off by hand. My understanding is you don’t have to use a machine for this.

I didn’t touch the interior this week because I detailed it last week. But it could use a vacuum.

I also bought a 3” DA polisher to hit the C-pillars and bumper. Haven't used it yet but it runs very smooth so I’m happy for $130. I’m still using my old Porter Cable DA with 5”/6” pads for primary polishing.