Kawasaki H2R | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kawasaki H2R

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by tundraphile, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate

The hp to weight ratio favors the BMW. I am sure Brock's will get his hand on one if he hasn't already.

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  5. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    Looks (and sounds) like the H2R is going to be seldomly ridden.
    It isn't street legal, so that's out.
    It won't be trackday legal as it's too loud.
    Where you going to ride it in USA?

6. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
  7. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm calling BS...rolling starts? Come on, I get it, but that's a bit unfair to the cars.

Standing start only, let's see if the H2R can take these cars straight up. Impressive bike to say the least, but I'm not buying it's "quicker" than any of these cars (a bit of a shell game here to quote trap speed - e.g., "faster" - when drag racing to determine first to the line).

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    All the videos in the link are standing starts. The only car faster was the 1300bhp+ Nissan GTR.

BS? Why would you say that? The power to weight ratios of any litre-bike trounces any regular-production car. Not only would I have expected the bike to win, but win fairly easily. I would have thought it could have beaten the GTR as well.

9. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I did not see a standing start in the videos - they roll on to a set of cones, then gun it. That's not a drag race to me. It must be from a full stop, light turns green, then go.

I'm calling BS because a bike generally bogs down on the line due to the power / weight ratio mentioned - they aren't easy to get off the line. With launch control, a car would most likely walk it.

I'm not downplaying the very impressive stats of the H2R, but I see this as a ploy to show it superior when from a stand still, I think the cars would get to the end quicker than the bike.

10. didimao0072000

didimao0072000 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    he's probably trolling you or doesn't understand physics. the h2's power to weight ratio is more than double that of the veyron. i would think it would beat the gtr too but at that power level, it's all about the traction.

11. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    There's a good one - I'm trolling lol. You have how many posts, son?

Drag raced over 25 years, ridden motorcycles since I'm a child (about 35+ years), hold an SCCA license, blah blah...I think I know what I'm talking about.

Watch the videos again and show me the standing start. Perhaps it is you that is trolling - they are ROLLING starts in EVERY video. Both car and motorcycle are moving towards a set of starting cones, then gun it. THAT'S NOT A STANDING START!

The H2R from a standing start would either require severely riding the clutch or so overpower the rear wheel that it couldn't possibly win a straight up drag race. It's marketing BS.

Before you come on here spouting nonsense, do some research. Watch the videos again and please point out where the standing start(s) are...non-existent. Stop being a Kawi fan boi and use your brain...If you think those are standing starts, then I don't think you understand English - forget physics.

12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I rewatched, and you are right, they are rolling starts, however I still believe the bike would come out on top.

Haha, redefrabi is anything but a troll. He's a solid guy.

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Don't disagree, I was just perplexed why they did roll on. It's probably due to the sheer power of the H2R, and certainly in the case of the GT-R, launch control is an unfair advantage for the cars. Whatever, it's a cool bike, I just found that odd.

Thank you for the endorsement, I feel the same about you! :) I have been called worse, but never called a troll, so that's a first!

14. didimao0072000

didimao0072000 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    It did come out on top from a standing start vs. the veyron.

"The H2R won each of the three runs, including a dig start featured in video. As you can see, the H2R started late. This was due to it being the first time Kent had ever tried drag launching the boosted beast. Either way, the H2R caught up mid track and pulled away."

15. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Riding on the weekends in the morning, who is going to stop you on the street ?

You don't need a license plate or driver's license.

I hope Suzuki makes an example.

16. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Found out it is speed limited...officially to 205 mph.

At the IOMTT this year one of the top riders did a demonstration run just to show everyone what it was capable of, he recroded the highest top speed ever seen on the Isle: 206 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZV12iduyc

17. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    +1...includes all of North America

No plate/ insurance/ license...and u think u can ride the h2r on the street?

Great way to have the bike seized and do some jail time.

18. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Now that the H2 has been in private hands for sevral months, we are seeing the results of tuning efforts.

Saw this one today, I assume modified to be closer to H2R spec, although it still used treaded tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otHSThjsP1o#t=73

Would be curious to see a GPS-verified speed, but 239 mph on the speedo is pretty darn impressive. 210 would be my guess at the actual.

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  20. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Another cool video. This time with Turkish multiple world supersport champion Kenan "Superglue" Sofuoglu.

H2R hits an indiated 400 kph in less than 2.5 km.

https://youtu.be/1RPl2rkKZ7Q

21. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
  22. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie