Karl Troy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Karl Troy

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by ferrarioldman, Oct 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree.

yes, but thanking your customers while pushing your company name and url several places also crosses the line into advertising. maybe the intent was just "thanking", but the result is promotion. Do you want to see 500 different companies posting "thank you" threads on FerrariChat? If FerrariChat isn't important to Karl, then why did the "thank you" go out on FerrariChat? Couldn't it have gone out by customer mail or email list?

He never tried selling himself in a post until his last post. I'm not sure how long his commercial signature, commercial username, and commercial profile were there. Those may not be active "selling yourself", but they certainly aren't "not selling yourself".

OK, I will give you that statement if you say Karl is stupid and doesn't have the common sense to know what was going on. I will back off if you agree to that. Trust me, wouldn't be the first time we've run into a purely innocent commercial spammer that just didn't understand the internet or our rules. We are obviously easier on someone like that than someone being shady and doing it on purpose.

Please keep going if you wish, I am. I'm here to help, but if you aren't then I will certainly remember.

2. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    You are out of line Rob.

As Uber Moderator you should remain impartial and enforce your rules...not take shots at members using your personal opinions.

I'm not here to defend Karl's posts. If he shouldn't have said thank you to his Ferrari customers here, so be it. But, you should have stuck to "rules are rules" vs. your personal opinions about his character and lumping him in with all the other commercial spammers.

Your page, your rage, Rob.

3. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Um, I really have no idea what that means.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you don't seem to be here for the good of the community and moving on from this. Karl and I had moved on, but you are the one hanging on. You are just trying to create drama, a fight, or trolling for some reason I don't know. You are showing a complete lack of respect for me and FerrariChat with your posts, like calling me "Uber Moderator" and "Good to be the King". I'm not backing down, I won't let you disrespect me or our community like this. So keep going if you wish.

5. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    You're out of line Rob. I have moved on from the "issue", just not your disrespecting a member of the community. I'm not sure what you are not backing down from? I think you are out of line, you think you are not...I won't convince you I guess, and you won't convince me. I guess not agreeing with you and calling you out for being out of line makes me a troll. So be it. Good idea for Halloween costume...FChat Troll. If you see my original post, I gave kudos for the way you handled the situation...then you went on to attack a member...I guess now it's my turn to be attacked for having a strong opinion.

You tell me that you hold on to your point that either Karl is stupid or he did it on purpose...I guess that's you moving on from this (at least publicly). Uber Moderator was not a slam, just showing that in your position as Administrator you should be impartial. Good to be the king was in reference to others being banned for making personal attacks, but you being allowed to.

If somehow I have offended the community, than I apologize to them...and I welcome PMs telling me that I have so offended and they all support your position. I think it's in a community's best interest, however, to stand up to those who we think are out of line...regardless who the parties are. And it's because I respect the FerrariChat community, of which I am a proud member, that I speak up.

6. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    PS...how the HECK do you do multiple quotes??? I haven't quite figured that out...I am not the most computer savvy.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Takes more manual work, you basically have to copy the QUOTE stuff in brackets to each part you want to quote.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You are in the wrong community if you want this place to be lawless and want me to allow others to devalue the hard earned money Sponsors like Daniel contribute. Most the time it is obvious they are doing it on purpose and we show them the same respect they show us. In Karl’s case there was no reason to be rude and I believe my first contact to Karl was nice.

You have 1,400 posts, unsubscribed, and the only one arguing over nothing so I am coming to a pretty clear conclusion about you.

9. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I think Rules are Rules is very appropriate and your initial contact with Karl was as well. It's what you said after that about Karl that I took issue with.

I have more than 1,400 posts, I used to be subscribed. I am proud to speak my mind. Thank you for your conclusions of me. So, one needs to have how many posts and what subscription level for you to have a good opinion? I'm sure those of us who are not/no longer subscribed would like to know what these rules are. Thanks for your time.

HA!!! I got the quote thing!!! Thanks.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was just seeing a very one sided negative attitude from you, hopefully you prove me wrong from here forward. :)

11. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Divorce will do that. But I'm not negative here...I was positively standing up for what I believe. :D And who are you that I need to prove anything to you????? ;) Kidding.

Let's just enjoy the community. :)

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    cool. I am honestly just trying to keep the community healthy for users and sponsors. There are plenty of individuals and companies that don't want the community to be healthy. Sometimes its obvious, most of the time not.

13. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    I like Ferraris.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Me too... Fat ones, skinny ones, short ones tall ones, blond, burnettes, but espesially Testarossa....

15. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Hey, did you know that a ZR1 is faster around the 'Ring than a 458.....

Jimmy

16. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Corvettes are pretty bad a** for the money but at the end of the day I would rather own a Ferrari.

Karl

17. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    DITTO

18. catgolfs

catgolfs Karting

Dec 1, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    Absolutely, I agree with you 110%!!

19. GordonK

GordonK Karting

Aug 21, 2008
    John's Island, SC
    Full Name:
    Gordon King
    Hey Karl -

After a bunch of laps around Hutchinson Island in the 575 this week-end, my brake service light is on. Can you see me before the HHI Concours this week-end? What can it be?

Gordon.

20. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Gordon, come see me tomorrow. The computer shall reveal what's going on.

Karl

21. EMI-SC

EMI-SC Karting

Aug 2, 2008
    Full Name:
    Chris Felber
    #46 EMI-SC, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    Karl, did you get the SD2 or SD3?

22. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I should not discuss business on this forum as you may have noticed.

23. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Yeah, the Corvette is cool, but that black, tinted-window monster you have in front of your shop, Karl, is a pretty beastly thing to behold.

To all, I can confirm, Karl does not need to advertise. I found him word-of-mouth, like just about everyone else I know.

24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Karl Troy is THE BEST, PERIOD.

25. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004