Justin's Ferrari 360 twin turbo build | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Justin's Ferrari 360 twin turbo build

Discussion in '360/430' started by justinn, Jan 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Most Ferrari guys are emphatic about the car being original. I get the sense that Lambo guys are less concerned about that. Lambos aren't "built better" for higher power.

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    AWD also on the lambos. Hard to put down 1000+ hp on rwd. Ha.

3. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Ill bite. Short answer yes they are. The lambo's are awd which make it a lot easier to put down big HP. Which is why the GTR's and the Lambo's are the king of the streets right now. Coupled with the Motec's ability to do boost by gear these cars are monsters and nothing short of that. There is a couple guys on here that have both Ferrari's and UGR Lambo's mayb e they will chime in.

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    As a die hard GT-R lover (I owned an original 2000' MY Bayside Blue R34 V-Spec when they where new and nobody in Europe, let alone US had even heard of them). I drove it all over Europe without a single problem and it was brilliant fun.

I would say they are completely different types of car to both own, enjoy and drive so both cars actually complement each other quite nicely. I won't ever dismiss the GT-R philosophy or cars, they are brilliant in their own way at what they do. They have a huge storage trunk/boot, 4 large comfortable seats, ISOFIX seat mount points for Baby seats (!) and can be driven around at silly speeds (or normal) and parked in many more places than anything from exotics brands.

The 360 to me is the complete opposite type of car, due to light weight construction you don't actually need silly power to have fun in it, it might actually ruin it (corrupting its brilliantly communicative steering or fine chassis balance). Its so much more of a lightweight agile racer, hyper alert, pointy and hugely challenging to drive fast with driver aids turned off.

In a 360 chassis give me more weight stripped please than more power. I once had the the pleasure of being driven around in a ridiculously stripped sub 950kg's 360 Challenge car running big aero mods, it was just absolutely silly, ripping past absolutely everything that got in the way like they where mobile chicanes. Just to give you an idea of the extent they went to, they even used cable ties rather than bolts for many things! Said it helped dramatically on the front rads btw since it also reduced their tendency to split in light front end damage so the car could still finish the race!

-T

one4torque likes this.
  5. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    Have you an installation diagram for this kit, which answers technical questions for example; where is connected the oil return line of turbo? or Where is the source of oil for turbo?

The rest is only an assembly of parts : headers, airfilters, fuel injectors,.....

6. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    I do not. You might give Boost Logic a call.

7. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    I am interested in your kit... I am sorry, but $12000 + cost shipping for FRANCE, I am going not to run behind the technical documentation to BOOST LOGIC

If I buy the kit and if I cannot install it, because I haven't all the technical documentation, I would have thrown $15000 through the window.

I would like to read the documentation before buying the kit, to know how to install it on my engine, because I have no BOOST LOGIC in FRANCE

8. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    Your location is not filled out or I may have not suggested you call them. If you are serious about the kit. Please contact me through PM, eBay or email me at [email protected] I will do my best to find the answers to your questions and get you a great price including shipping costs.

9. Maks-F430

Maks-F430 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Maks Pyzhyk
    Hello friends from Ukraine!;)

have thought of making a custom twin turbo project with the my Ferrari F430 .

interested in three things :

1 ) what fuel injectors and pump?
    2 ) that with the upgrade gearbox , or just a new clutch replacement hold 550-600 rwhp?
    3 ) what it means for a piggyback ECU? could have put motec 800?

10. Maks-F430

Maks-F430 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Maks Pyzhyk
  11. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ? If you are building a turbo kit you should already know enough about boosting to answer your own questions. A PC3 can sort out your boost fueling easy to install and stand alone mapping.

12. Boosted360

Boosted360 Rookie

Feb 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason Ditson
    I actually own Justin's old 360. The one that is in this discussion. What I can say is that if this thing had any more horsepower, I'm not sure it would be fun. It is an absolute handful in everyway. If the tires arent warm the backend will come around and you are in big trouble. When you are into the powerband, you can feel that you are straddling the cars absolute limits. On the backroads I am able to pull GTR's and Maclaren's. Of course I am straddling that line! I had a 1200hp twin turbo viper that didnt scare me as much as this car does. Kudos to you Justin! Fun car!

one4torque and Mikestradale like this.
  13. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Wow cool. Guessing the 360 were less expensive ten years ago and folks actually wanted to play around with them.

one4torque likes this.
  14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Makes sense to me…. A modern f40 :)

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Very tidy build.

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Looks like air to water intercoolers… where is the radiator for the intercooler water?