Justin's Ferrari 360 twin turbo build | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Justin's Ferrari 360 twin turbo build

Discussion in '360/430' started by justinn, Jan 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gr8evo

gr8evo Karting

Mar 22, 2012
    Justin, very nice work. At what rpm do the 58's see full boost and how are they with recovery time between shifts?

2. racing fan

racing fan Rookie

Dec 23, 2008
    I just got back from a race and had a chance to check out this thread. I'm not sure what others have seen on bolt on gains but I would be surprised to see 40whp out of that. We can work with you on the price since you already have the headers. Give me a call when you get a moment and we can discuss your project.

Thanks

3. george111

george111 Karting

Aug 21, 2011
    florida
    It looks like they now have newer 5858 billlet turbos that do not requier any water. Not sure how hot that would make the engine compartment but it sure would make install a lot easier. I am think of a pair for my CS.

Anyone with any help on the issue would be welcomed to give my your thoughts.
    Thanks
    g

4. racing fan

racing fan Rookie

Dec 23, 2008
    We are using those turbos. We also are fully heat shielding everything in the engine bay. We will have detailed pictures of this in our latest build.

5. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    can you post a link to the pics and details?

6. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    The Turbo kit is nothing!
    The big bucks are in the engine management system. Try to put a m800 noted with some nesesary emulators for the throttles, coils, fuel, map sensors and if you have an f1 tranny you'll need some other stuff. Just for that is 12k alone!

7. ferrari360driver

Apr 8, 2012
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    maybe, but he noted that he was going to work on doing it with stock ecu all by itself, and another company has done this as well. I do not have f1, and that wont be an issue. 30k to you may be nothing, but 30k to me is not "nothing" Thats half what I paid for my whole car!?

Im betting someone can tune this thing with the factory ecus....

8. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia

mmm i love MoTeC... the control of tuning is limitless with this type of ecu but an open source tune on the stock ecu would be much cheaper..

9. ferrari360driver

Apr 8, 2012
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    so the big question is, who can do open source tuning on these cars?

10. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
  11. justinn

justinn Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Justin
    What kind of updates would you like? i am heading to russia on business so my sweetheart is under her ferrari cover with the tender on to keep her warm at night :)

12. roswald

roswald Rookie

Mar 21, 2012
    Hi 360 trev. New to the chat. Would love to to hear about your re-maping setup. My email is [email protected]

13. ferrari360driver

Apr 8, 2012
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    russia? What the heck you doing there?

14. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Oil tycoon and hot women, what do you think?!....Lol :)

15. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    any new vids?

16. lt1camaroman93

Jul 11, 2012
    Awesome build!!! That has to be one of the easiest cars I've seen to lay out a twin kit.

17. redbully

redbully Rookie

Aug 22, 2012
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Full Name:
    Massoud Dabir
    [Super vs. Turbo charge]
    Hi Justin, I have a 99 360 with Tubi, suspension & few other mods. I track it once in a while & wanted to get your opinion on cost/performance/reliability trade offs of lets say Novitec supercharger vs. what you did.
    I've talked to Novitec re installation & cost; how do I get info re. turbos (cost, performance, installation, etc? I've dealt with UGR (Lamborghini twin turbo) but they don't do '99 360. Any suggestions?
    Thnx

Justin[/QUOTE]

18. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Really? Novitec won't supercharge a '99 360.....

19. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    [/QUOTE]

SHP700 Power Package - Ferrari Modena

20. justinn

justinn Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Justin
    actually, that's not the kit I have.

I have the Boost Logic twin turbo kit.... not the single turbo offering.

I really don't see why you couldn't track it on the low boost setting, although I would want to make sure I had enough tire under it first :) I have yet to see over 55C intake air temps, even sitting in traffic in the Texas summer. As soon as you get airflow over the heat exchanger, that number drops significantly. I would probably recommend you have a challenge rear grill, but I would say that even if the car were stock.

Justin

21. weebz69

weebz69 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Gilbert AZ
    Full Name:
    Jason W.
    I know this is an older thread but any updates on the liability of this kit? Also you doing the clutch did you just put a brand new stock 360 clutch in or do they have upgraded clutches some where?

22. racing fan

racing fan Rookie

Dec 23, 2008
    These clutches are very reliable... probably more so than the factory unit. And they are cheaper to replace when they do wear out than the factory unit.

23. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    Hi justin,

If you put turbo in your car, you need to make a oil return line. It must be above your stock oil level...and with the ferrari 360 engine, I don't understand where is it connected???

24. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    was wondering why no one really turbos the Ferraris, you always see the lambos twin turbo, is there a reason why not many people turbo these 360's or f430's? are the lambos built better for the horsepower? great job on doing a turbo Ferrari

25. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee