Just purchased a 1984 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet | FerrariChat

Just purchased a 1984 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Kyle Korleski, Aug 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kyle Korleski

Kyle Korleski Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Kyle Korleski
    I have a few questions because I am planning to make some majour modifications to this vehicle:

1. Is it possible to outfit the vehicle with XM Satellite Radio?
    2. Do you think the Ferrari dealerships in Canada have odometres to install into the vehicle to indicate Kilometres per Hour?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Don't know about item 1 but presumably it should be possible to trace a Euro speedo/sender either on Ebay or from the official stockholder www.ferrariparts.co.uk - you might want to ask in the Canadian section if there are other alternatives - such as recalibration

3. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    Ok, so what are the major modifications?
    ;-)

4. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    #4 Zertec, Aug 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seriously though, it is also possible to dismantle the speedo and redo the Perspex dial so that it reads in kph. This is fairly easy to do as the pointer just pushes on and the dial face is held on with 2 screws. You don't need to recalibrate or change the sender. Alternatively you could replace the face with a kph one.

To illustrate my point here is a picture of a tachometer:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    I should mention that I have done/doing some major modifications to my Mondial...

Thinking about it I may be willing to part with the speedo face from mine (it is in kph). I will consider this.

6. Kyle Korleski

Kyle Korleski Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Kyle Korleski
    Oh and there is one other thing. I don't yet have an Albertan operator's licence. Would there be any problems transporting the vehicle into Canada while I am waiting for the licence?