Just picked up a 2020 MB GLE That’s Tech crazy | FerrariChat

Just picked up a 2020 MB GLE That’s Tech crazy

Discussion in 'Other German' started by bball16, Jun 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is my 4th GLE and I use it for a DD and it’s the most tech crazy car I’ve ever seen. I don’t know how anyone can’t be a distracted driver when your in one of these. There are so many things to take your eyes of the road it’s ridiculous. It’s probably going to take me months to figure out how to use everything. On the other hand the car rides, handles and performs great. I just think cars have become too techy.

2. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I also picked up a 2020 GLE 450 for my wife's DD. It looks like they skipped the 2019 year, that they purposely highlighted due to the "ups" in technology. It is the most tech loaded MB so far. Even more than the 2019 S class. It has a full length touch screen for dash, auto drive and park features, and even offroad technology that can "rock you" out of being stuck in the ice/dirt/mud. The auto drive is not as good as my Tesla, but it is still useful. However, the total package of the vehicle is hard to beat for a family hauler and DD. We find that the family often prefers to go to functions in the MB vs. the Tesla, now...

bball16 likes this.
  3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup. The more I drive it the more I like it. You can do almost anything through the voice control so that does make it pretty easy.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My girlfriend has 2017 AMG GLE, and she is going to be getting a 2020 very soon.

bball16 likes this.
  5. veloce92

veloce92 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2007
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Aussie
    We've had a hard time keeping the new GLEs on the lot. And for good reason, they're incredible vehicles. If any of you have questions about how to use the tech, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best!