June 28th - Benefit for Fallen Oakland Police Officers | Page 8 | FerrariChat

June 28th - Benefit for Fallen Oakland Police Officers

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Huskerbill, May 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    #176 blu328gts, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
    Bill: Actually, it was Jeff (flyinlo, the rosso corsa F355 Spider) who fronted your entry fee. I could be wrong, but I think it was $100 including the entry fee, handling fee and Lambo surcharge. Right, Jeff? :)

2. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Had a great time today with everyone. Thanks to Rob for letting me ride with him. Thanks to Bill & Tony for getting everyone together for this event. When I get back from the Track next Monday, I will be sure to post some pics.

It was nice to meet some new to me faces as well.

As soon as I got back home, I laid in the pool for about 2 hours. Still to frickin' hot.

3. bpessano

bpessano Rookie

Apr 26, 2008
  4. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Nice pics, Brian...
    Nice 996TT, too!

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Thanks for organizing the event Bill.

It was hot and fun. Well, it was hot and hot. And fun.

Spent 2 hours in the pool when I got home to recouperate...

Kai

6. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    ...to Bill and Tony for organizing things (e.g., caravans and parking) for us! A fantastic job of herding cats (make that horses and bulls)!!

7. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    #185 OnTheLam, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Brian, Tony & Jeff, so many great photos! Thanks! Thanks to Bill for organizing. I enjoyed lunch with you guys, too. Spiderguy & June_GL, we should hang out more, just don't see enough of you guys. (Oh, wait, spent yesterday with you, too!) Nice to see Mr. Zuk passing though on his way to Palo Alto. Junior, you should bring more cars next time! Todd, nice to see you again after, what, three years?

Justice

8. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    2 years! Nice to see you as well. Don't forget, "BLACK HORSE" ROB was driving that day 2 years ago. Maybe we'll see you at Concorso Italiano. If not then somewhere else in the future. Just not 2 years from now. :D

9. june_gl

june_gl Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    California
    #187 june_gl, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Thanks to Huskerbill for organizing such a fun caravan ride. Blackhorse and Toddjw73, thanks for flagging down the 2 Lambos in the parking lot looking for Starbucks. Tony2Ta, what gracious hosting in your part of Brentwood. Onthelam and Junior, even in the record heat, such pleasant company you both are! It was so very nice to see everyone else and meet new faces too. It was quite a privilege to have some law enforcement officers join us. I'll post some pics when I can.

10. FDM

FDM Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    Oakley, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Mark D.
    #188 FDM, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was good to meet a bunch of nice people yesterday...
    Did anyone notice how warm it was? :)

My only regret is that I live a short distance away... and didn't get to drive a bit with you folks.

Bill, Tony, nice job getting things rolling.
    See you all another time!

Mark

(guy with the Black/Black 993 turbo)

I didn't get near enough shots but here are a few photos I took before the little camera I brought melted:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. FDM

FDM Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    Oakley, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Mark D.
  12. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Tony, Just wanted to extend a huge thank you to you, Bill and all the other exotic owners who showed up. you guys really helped make this show a huge success in my eyes. SGT Kelley with OPD told me many of your group gave much more than the $10 donation and that really helped out. We ended up raising $2000 for the OPOA trust funds.

One thing I would like to apologize for is the fact that there was not an award for "Best Exotic". I had requested one in my email to A&B trophies, and I'm sure Jackie would have made one, she just didnt catch it on the email. I really apologize for that, i didn't intentionally leave your group out. I hope you guys had a good time and I wish I would have got to introduce myself to everyone and spend a little more time over there but I was being pulled every which way.

Again, I really, really appreciate your guys participation, it wouldn't have been the show it was without you. Please pass this on to the Ferrarichat group. If there is anything I could have done better or any way I could have made the experience more enjoyable, please let me know.

Ric

13. CrankyX

CrankyX Rookie

Jun 28, 2009
    Awesome show guys thank you very much for coming out, I personally enjoyed seeing those awesome cars. I uploaded all of my photos to my personal Mac Gallery for you all to see and enjoy. Maybe next year I can join in on the fun if I can get my Noble M400.

http://gallery.me.com/austin.mortimore

Cheers!

14. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Thanks for all the great pics!

15. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #193 Huskerbill, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    GREAT pics!!

I want to take the time to thank you all for coming and showing your support!!

It was one of the hottest days I can ever remember but you all came out in droves and stayed through the event. I am sincerely proud of the group for the effort.

I had a great time driving up with you all and being able to see pretty much "one of everything" in the lot that day. All makes and models of exotics were represented. Again, Kudos!!

I am already looking forward to setting up the next event. I have something in the works. We will be doing something special, different and FUN for the next one...........

Stay tuned!!!! ;-)

16. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    Can we do something special, different, fun and COOL for the next one? :)

17. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Guaranteed!!

Hey, sounds like you paid my entry fee?? I owe you $10!!

18. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    Yeah, I figured you're good for it and I'm sure we'll run into each other at another one of these events.

19. StrayCat

StrayCat Rookie

Jan 4, 2009
    #197 StrayCat, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks to the FChat crew for organizing this fun event. Enjoyed meeting you all and hope to see you (and your cars) again soon.
    Here are some quick "grab bag" car to car images shot on the way home from Brentwood. Of course, everyone was strictly following the posted speed limit! (Rob-sorry none of your 308 QV, you didn't drive by us..)

Mike Yamada

20. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Great pics.

If you get a chance, would you mind sending me the hi def version of the white Ferrari pics?
    Thanks a bunch.

Kai

[email protected]

21. StrayCat

StrayCat Rookie

Jan 4, 2009
    thx Kai. Will send 348 TS shots to your email.

Mike

22. f430vu

f430vu Karting

Aug 30, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Quan Vu
    Hi Mike,

It was great to meet you and thanks for these pix.

Quan.