June 2007 Cars and Coffee PA Edition | Page 7 | FerrariChat

June 2007 Cars and Coffee PA Edition

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alxlee, Mar 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Thanks (and all your complaints) go to Joe and Drew for introducing me to this wonderful group in November 2009. I had known them both from their BMW days and ran into them at the intersection of rt 1 and 202 on a Friday at rush hour when they told me about C&C.

And poof, my Saturday morning became booked for the last 3+ years.

2. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #152 Alxlee, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hmmmmm, where did I put those pictures of your 7 Series?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Hey! The white TR of the red-headed stepchild from the southern realm makes an appearance. And, yes, I still own it.

It is April 13th this year. Noon to 4PM. Still time to plan.

Yep - happily married and still blatantly showing affection.

Wow - saw the thread title and thought is was a resurrection of an old thread. Instead I see a lot of great times with some great folks I have been lucky enough to meet over the years. I have said it before but I wish I lived closer to this group - the camaraderie and support shown is truly special.

Very much looking forward to re-establishing those friendships (making more) at this weekend's drive! Thanks for setting it up Don!

4. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    DA ALAN.

5. MabF355

MabF355 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 5, 2003
    What an awesome thread! I remember meeting Alex at that Algar Rally back in 2003. I was a senior in high school with my black WRX. Amazing how time flys! Very cool to look back at all the different cars we have all had over the years and the excellent friendships that have developed!

-Marc

6. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    If you blinked, you missed that one. Amazing I've had the M5 three years this Friday!

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #157 Alxlee, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Yup, you got it. I think I only brought the 750 to C&C a couple times in the six weeks i had it. The M5 was only hours old at that point.

9. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
  10. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    What a fun history lesson. I started in 2009. Looking forward to reconnecting this spring. I've been too absent.

Brett

11. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Will be good to see you back Brett. Been wondering where you've been.

Scott

12. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    OK- I've got THE BIG IDEA!!!!!!!

This summer is the 6th year. I think we need to have a huge party somewhere that lasts into the evening-night. Or have access to a big inside building. If we have a spot I'll commit to putting together a GIANT slide show and Josh said he would do a huge movie. He has filmed hundreds of events and a fair amount of C&C's along the way.
    I personally believe it would be time soon. Honestly things are changing so rapidly, and Joe Zaff is heading down hill so fast we never know whether we'll be able to find him in a cardboard box in an alley someday.And hopefully Joe Mac won't live in the Frigidaire box next to him. (Besides Meghan has to wake up one day and figure out who she really ended up with. I just hope she doesn't find out from reporters. It's only a matter of time.)

It will be called
    THE TEN YEAR REUNION (It's really only 6 but the North Koreans could blow us the F up any day) OF THE CARS & COFFEE CREW AND THE JOURNEY ALONG THE WAY.

I'm working on T-shirts already.

Please start gathering names and thoughts of people and stuff we did along the way. For instance, it would not be a complete crew without Sean who did our t-shirts regularly for years- Barry- Johnny Dents and many others. Nobody need foot the bill. We can actually sell tickets and T-shirts for the food and strippers (maybe not).

Just need a venue.

I and some people that I will volunteer without telling them will help organize.

If you guys think this is a sh***y idea than never mind.

13. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    With the move to the restaurant's banquet hall at the end of the Spring Drive we won't have an exit time. We can use that room for extra socializing.

14. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Rcraig, I like your idea. I vote "yes."

15. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    "It will be called THE TEN YEAR REUNION."

I like it. It'll sort of be like celebrating my 21st birthday for the umpteenth time. Just in reverse! :)

16. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Me too. Coming up on three years for me.

17. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    Great thread..lots of good shots. I'm happy to be part of the WC C&C crew! All great guys (and gals).

18. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Love it! I can picture the shirts now...

"THE TEN YEAR DRIVE 2007-2013" (How many people would actually notice?)

19. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I love Bobs idea and I love Alex's tee shirt proposal.!!! lets do it!! Bob needs something to do anyway so if only to keep him busy we owe it to him!! ( come on now Bob its a joke) I will volunteer and I have lots of Josh's and Bob's pictures saved on CD I can provide in a meaningless attempt to contribute :) But really my greatest strength may be the MC of a Roast. Just give me a podium and a microphone and by the end of the evening everyone will be so pissed off at everyone else that we will put a certain end to Cars and Coffee as we know it ( just practicing my MC Roasting skill) Jon in DelawareQUOTE=rcraig;142219850]OK- I've got THE BIG IDEA!!!!!!!

This summer is the 6th year. I think we need to have a huge party somewhere that lasts into the evening-night. Or have access to a big inside building. If we have a spot I'll commit to putting together a GIANT slide show and Josh said he would do a huge movie. He has filmed hundreds of events and a fair amount of C&C's along the way.
    I personally believe it would be time soon. Honestly things are changing so rapidly, and Joe Zaff is heading down hill so fast we never know whether we'll be able to find him in a cardboard box in an alley someday.And hopefully Joe Mac won't live in the Frigidaire box next to him. (Besides Meghan has to wake up one day and figure out who she really ended up with. I just hope she doesn't find out from reporters. It's only a matter of time.)

It will be called
    THE TEN YEAR REUNION (It's really only 6 but the North Koreans could blow us the F up any day) OF THE CARS & COFFEE CREW AND THE JOURNEY ALONG THE WAY.

I'm working on T-shirts already.

Please start gathering names and thoughts of people and stuff we did along the way. For instance, it would not be a complete crew without Sean who did our t-shirts regularly for years- Barry- Johnny Dents and many others. Nobody need foot the bill. We can actually sell tickets and T-shirts for the food and strippers (maybe not).

Just need a venue.

I and some people that I will volunteer without telling them will help organize.

If you guys think this is a sh***y idea than never mind.[/QUOTE]

20. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Love the idea Bob! what if we did it at the end of this summer and I reserved the back room and deck on the bay at Gary's restaurant in Somers Point? beautiful scenery, alcohol, great food and plenty of space!!!

21. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    That could work well Joe

22. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I think that was the last Cars and Coffee I made it to...lol. In the Black Series.

23. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Lol at the roast idea...

24. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Roasting this crew is as hard as catching fish in a seafood store. :D

25. turbos7903