June 2007 Cars and Coffee PA Edition | Page 6 | FerrariChat

June 2007 Cars and Coffee PA Edition

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alxlee, Mar 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    looking at the 2006 flickr PCA link Nick posted above it verifies for me we have had cars and coffee for much longer than six years. I had been going to cars and coffee back when I had the 2002 Yellow 360 Modena. I bought that in 2004-5 maybe? who knows the Actual start Date? Kevin W or Joey G certainly would have a handle on that date. Jon

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #127 JoeZaff, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For historical reference, our local C&C was proposed by Jon (Pearlcoupeg35) Wright, Kevin, Drew, and a couple of others on March 3, 2007.

Here is the thread, with a link to the thread that started it all...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mid-atlantic-region-usa-pa-de-md-dc-va-sponsored-competizione/353579-old-school.html

All of our appreciation goes to the OG's! Thanks for starting this. I am really glad to have been a part of this thing.

From meeting Bob Craig, our resident Wookie, photographer and driver, to learning metrosexual fashion and eyewear from Jon Walton, it has been an experience I will never forget. This, of course, to say nothing of the sensitivity training I received working with JoeMac. The guy cries like a sixteen year old girl watching beaches. Oh, and how could I forget Nick's fake accent....the guy is from QUEENS!!!!!!!

My highlights definitely include every drive that put my car behind Steve's old 355, getting a ride in Don's bats^it insane Lotus, Jon's hillclimb exercise in the Scud---that boy can drive--- and doing hot laps with Ed in his Scuderia... and of course, getting high of the exhaust fumes on Bob's 308 before he got it fixed. Nothing says MAYDAY like driving 60MPH on a winding road while hallucinating on carbon monoxide ;)

Guys, You've given this grumpy balding schmuck some great memories and I thank you all.

Now if we can all just agree that the Mondial was the sexiest B^tch ever to grace that stinking parking lot, I promise I will behave

for 10 minutes :p
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #128 Alxlee, Apr 1, 2013
    I have a few pictures of your yellow 360, but I think they were also from 2007. This was taken July 21, 2007 on a C&C field trip to Algar where it was for sale. Was it yours?

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    JoeZaff, thanks for pulling up the historical foundation(s) of our C&C group. It's been a ball, hasn't it?

So we're not ready for the ten year anniversary, but we could celebrate the 3/3/07 birth of the group now if we so desire. With so many of the regulars coming to the big rally in April, perhaps this could be an appropriate time to celebrate the event?

5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    The 360, and for a few minutes a silver Porsche GT3RS were at Algar on trade for the yellow cruise missile Barchetta.

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, I have been involved since 06 when you contacted me to see if I wanted to go to Reading. You had the yellow 360 and we started hanging a lot then. I'm not at my computer, but I think my first photos of C&C were 07. One of the first things i hooked up with you guys at Mid Atlantic GP when Nick was working on his shifter in the parking lot. I think Joey G. And maybe Drew. Mark was there on his street bike.

7. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Some definitely flashbacks...

If we do a reunion, can it please...PLEASE be after 11am? My social life and having to kick company out of bed in the morning is hampering my ability to venture out before such times.

But ya, I'm in for a reunion. Got new toys too.

8. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Not only do we meet up for chats, we get tech sessions also !!

9. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Joe, my old chap QUEEN'S ENGLISH hales from a little further east that NY ....... :)

10. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #135 JoeZaff, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    That maybe true, but unless the New York Mets play in The Motherland, that photo I have of you, that one legged prostitute named Trix, and four pounds of weed outside the stadium seems to have been taken in the good old USA.

Just because you have an atlas, Wikipedia and take accent lessons from Madonna doesn't make you European. The witness relocation program may be shuffling you to Texas because the streets are too hot here, but you aren't fooling the F-chat police. :D

FYI folks, next time you hear from Nick, he will be pretending he is Japanese :p

11. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
  12. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #137 dlbutler, Apr 1, 2013
  13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    You mean Lambo Kevin?

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #139 Alxlee, Apr 1, 2013
    You mean Godzirra (best plate ever!)? Sometimes...apparently, he's got something new coming from his post above.

15. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    No Lambos in our neighborhood that I know of...but you never know what's in the garages of that 15,000sqft house up the street. I call it Hogwarts. :)

16. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Love that plate! But, that's not it either...sort of a matte black GTR. I forget, but I don't recall it being a vanity plate.

17. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Maybe I should be more specific - Kevin from Wawa (I call it Media, or Middletown, but some call this area Wawa - it's the area behind Wawa corporate up to Forge Rd).

18. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #143 Alxlee, Apr 1, 2013
    If it's the same Kevin, he owned a Gallardo for about 3 months...back in 2008. Highlight of that car, when the kids at the Boys and Girls Club used it as a climbing apparatus. :D

19. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Oh, that's not him. I don't recall a matte black GTR at C&C.

20. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #145 Alxlee, Apr 1, 2013
    Onwards with tonights random remembrance pics...

Pics 1-2: One of the more interesting C&C attendees...Super Jeep! 8-8-2008

Pics 3-8: Some more interesting field trips: Simeone Museum (shortly after it's grand opening 1-17-2009), Karossarie (3-7-2010), random drive (5-8-2010), and trophies from a C&C karting event.

21. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    I believe we are coming on year 7. Spring of 2007 was the first year......I think.

22. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    I do live in Wawa.....no black GTR though. Had a white GTR. I took some time off of Saturday mornings last summer as the kids had a conflicting schedule. Can't wait to get back out there as the weather gets warmer.

Kevin

23. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    We are neighbors...moved in about a year ago.

There is a GTR that rips through on Darlington to New Darlington from Rt 1...not that we all haven't done it. :)

24. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    No no Captain SLOW your mixing me up with Paul McCartney ........

25. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks Kevin you would know for sure. So it is written. it must be so. Jon in Delaware QUOTE=Kevinw23;142216986]I believe we are coming on year 7. Spring of 2007 was the first year......I think.[/QUOTE]