Jump the Fuel Pump Guidance Request | FerrariChat

Jump the Fuel Pump Guidance Request

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by moysiuan, Jun 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I am going to reinstall the fuel distributor I rebuilt. Can someone confirm how to "jump" the fuel pump to allow me to bleed the unit. I know this sounds a bit amateurish to ask.

Do I simply put a wire from 30 to 87 on the fuel pump relay at the fusebox? Then turn the ignition on. Will fuel spray out, or only if I push the airflow plate down?

I am just trying to avoid doing anything stupid on what is always described in the manuals as a routine procedure without any explicit guidance.

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Also, can anyone confirm which is the fuel pump relay in my Swiss CH88 model. My original owners manual provided by the Swiss dealer shows a US fuse box layout, as does the plastic cover map on my fuse box. Image Unavailable, Please Login Pic of fuse box attached.

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Having reread the KE3 manual, it look like one jumps the Tachimetric relay, which is located in the passneger footwell.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    My book shows relay i. - fuel injection delivery pump starting relay, which is the top rh corner as you look at fuse box.
    Relay t - relay for fuel pump, which is the one below the other one. ie rh side and 2 nd relay down. My book is for the 3.2

5. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
  6. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Thanks, there is no blue green connector on my KE3 set up.

I have determined that on my Swiss market car with KE3, one jumps the tachimetric relay in the passenger footwell fuse area.

My fuse box does not have the fuel relay per other cars, and has a bridge in the middle slot. If sonmeone has a Swiss Mondial owners manual and can post a screen shot of the fuse box layout that would be helpful.

7. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    Also an easy way is to put direct from the batterie the plus on the fuelpump. The pump will run and pusch the air out of the system thru the overpressure line into the fuel tank.