Jr. Prom Car Help | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jr. Prom Car Help

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by echferrari, Apr 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Some of you need to back off. No need for all the insults.

To the OP, you're not going to get anyone to let you borrow their Ferrari or any other cool car. It's prom and I understand that maybe you don't want her crawling up into a Jeep Cherokee. Have you checked into renting a car? May a Cadillac or Lincoln Towncar?

Just an idea. Although you might run into problems renting considering your age.

2. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    I checked renting and I'm not old enough and it's like $140 and hour and I'm not paying tht

3. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    fixed

4. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    If you read the first thing I posted I said I WOULD pay you not sure how much but you would be paid if we were to come to an agreement on everything.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5RnIBF0AM&feature=related[/ame]

6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Take your jeep and the Road & Track article about the Jerrari....this is your first lesson, young grasshopper.

7. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I actually like the rent a Chauffeured Rolls or Bentley idea. In fact I may do that just for the hell of it one night.

8. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    The only place out here charges $1200 a day plus $200 for every hour after 6 hours for one of there Bentleys, Rolls or Maseratis w/ a chauffeur

9. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Sorry m8 looks like you're going in your Jeep or renting a Limo with friends.

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Worth a shot. I know I did some stupid things for my Senior prom. AKA, drive my dad's Durango to insane velocities. What is the goal always? It is ... "Off!!! like a prom dress" :)

I'm going to give my honest opinion. Don't rent a Limo with friends. Take your own car. Your own car is far more impressive then renting. That means you will have to be responsible at the Prom, and not drink the funny stuff. No biggie.

Through fchat, or some of the other sites, find a car collector, and take your date to the collection for a date.

I know of a few in the Cleveland area... and don't sweat the details about Prom. Go to a cars + coffee event in Cleveland, and start introducing yourself to the owners etc. It's fun, and people love talking about cars.

I'll point you in 3 directions if you are so inclined... although, my PM box is pretty full. I guarantee that none of these fellows will let you drive their cars.

Good luck, and have fun at the dance. I always did [way back when] !

11. echferrari

echferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Chagrin Falls,Ohio
    Full Name:
    Eric Hoefler
    If you could hook me up with some names or numbers that would be great. And im not sure if uve read the whole thing and im possible getting college scholarships for sports and wouldnt want to risk that with the weed and alcohol so i dont even touch tht stuff. But yes the contacts would be great.

12. Jodan108

Jodan108 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Dan
    +1

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bro
    90% of the Ferraris on this board are manual trans. So you have a shot at 10% of the cars here. Assuming most are 360s and up, the average price of a car you're asking to drive is probably around $200k.

You have been driving for 18 months and are looking to take the car to prom and don't want to fork over $140 for another option.

This ain't happening kid. And you know what? It's never happened in the history of kids coming on here asking whether it be for weddings, graduations, bar mitzvahs, vasectomies, etc.

14. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I live on the other side of the equator and can most likely agree with everyone - probably no use asking about driving someone's Fcar if we both know that it isn't going to happen. Also, no one here was insulting you, only highlighting the imperfections in your speech.

You have a Jeep (albeit a 2001 model!) and what appears to be mechanically sound and OK to drive. I should ask- is it you who wants to the exotic or your girlfriend? :)

Good luck my friend and kudos to you in having a fun night out!

15. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    #40 suggett48116, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Isaac you forgot to inform him of all the fun that can be had in a Cherokee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    There is no exit!

17. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I had that happen to me once and it sucked. I was taking photos of a friends car in Cleveland at a cemetery (in case anyone cares it was not of graves, there is a big dam on the grounds) Anyway the person left 20min before they said it closed and locked us in. We had to call for them to get us out. It ended up being fine and it helped the call was before "closing time" but I will never cut it that close again.

18. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    There's the great thing about the Cherokee... Just drive through.

19. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would venture to say you would have better luck trying this request on a vintage British car club site. The cars are less valuable (generally), the owners are a little less protective of their cars, and there are probably more of them in your area.

Don't sweat being shot shot down, that is just the nature of these type of requests.

Sounds like you have a good girl, a great family, a bright future, and nice aspirations!

:)
    BT

20. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    This was 56 minutes before it was scheduled to close. I thought I had plenty of time.

21. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I blame Kitty Fishsticks.

22. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    As someone pointed out, teenage girls have no interest in cars. It's teenage boys that have an interest in cars. But if you really want a cool car, then rent yourself a red convertible Camaro or Mustang (or get your dad to rent it for you) for the night. It'll be loads of fun! Thing is, the only pants it will get you into is your buddy's. If you're into that kind of thing, well then what's $140? Spend it! Have a blast! Now if you're not into that, then why don't you spend the $140 on dinner with your date? That would be a MUCH better surprise and would make for a very special night.

23. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Don't sweat it Ech. I grew up in Chesterland so I know where you are. I had my grandfather drive me to my girlfriend's prom when I was a Sophmore in his 1942 Buick Century and I drove my Dad's 1962 Buick Special to 2 others. Get in touch with a local car club. Lots of people with classics will chauffeur you to prom for little more than gas money. They want to foster the car culture as much as they can. There is no way they will loan you the car but you can get a ride.

On a side note, the people here have reached a level of success and maturity that takes work to achieve. They tend to shut someone off if that person won't present there request in a manner that shows respect. In a nutshell you are asking for access to their $100,000+ Ferrari but you won't take the time to out an "h" in "what". Text speak wont get you a job or a ride in someone's exotic. Just a little free advice my friend. Good luck with your search.

Jason

24. humblerequest

humblerequest Rookie

Apr 25, 2012
    After reading through this thread, I realize that this is a highly improbable request, but my senior prom is May 12th. I've been looking into limos and party buses, but I would rather take my date in a more personal form a transportation. I've looked for luxury or exotic car rentals in my area but to no avail. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm 18, have had my license over 2 years, most of which has been spent driving a manual transmission (I personally find a manual much more enjoyable). I'm looking for any exotic or luxury car either to rent or have chauffeured, so if any one either has a car they are willing to rent to a responsible 18 year old, is willing to chauffeur with their car, or knows of anywhere I can get one in the Detroit area, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for your time.

25. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *sigh*

I'm Fifty-*mumble*.

Eighteen or Fifty-*Mumble*; I wouldn't ask, beg, plead, rent or pay to borrow or be chauffeured in someone's car, exotic or otherwise.

I think the same can be said for most adults who responded on this thread.

As you grow older and wiser, you'll understand.

I hope.