JPM indicates he may return to US | Page 3 | FerrariChat

JPM indicates he may return to US

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Remy Zero, Jun 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

well, does anyone agree if he will get a top car after this season? to be frank, i think JPM has a good personality. no ****, straight to the point, get the job done. he doesn't open him mouth for to reason and talk rubbish like JV. but what i can't stand about him is his arrogance. he always tries suicide dives and when he doesn't succeed, he never admits his mistakes, and always try to maintain like whatver he did was right. i'm damn glad nico stood his ground in canada.

2. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Not to make excuses for him, but my personal feeling is that he takes too long to settle into a new team and car. Once he got used to the McLaren last year he flew, dusting Kimi at some races. I think as soon as Ron Dennis signed Alonso the whole situation changed. While Kimi seems to have risen to the occasion, JPM has let it get to him. Plus this year's car doesn't seem suited to him at all. He has however gotten more consistent and isn't as wild as he once was. The fire is still there but it looks like he's not happy a McLaren and has given up.

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    One of the problems with drivers like JV and JPM is focus. They have the skills, which they clearly demonstrate from time to time, but they lack the ability to consistently perform at the needed level. Have you ever watched JV's line over the course of a race? Its inconsistent. I can accept that a lesser car performs poorly and will not have the mechanical grip of another car and/or the aero advantages, and/or the speed, and/or the braking performance, but the line is the line. These guys have a few brilliant laps but they can't string enough together to amount to a great race.

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Yeah what good it do him, he ended up in the wall. The accident was actually his fault he wasn't gonna make that corner and would have had to give up the spot anyway. Nico messed up at the chicane which caused the whole thing. Standing your ground is fine, but you also have to know when to give up. I'd rather have a driver like JPM that at least tries to pass people than seeing a parade of cars with no passing at all.

5. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i do get and i agree with ur point. but then, what i'm trying to say is, JPM had a much better car, and he's more experienced than nico. he should have overtook nico in a proper overtaking point of the circuit. who knows, he might have had the speed to challenge FA and maybe take the race itself, judging on that starting speed he had.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly what I was thinking, the management at McLaren should also be blamed for making an all too easy breakable car.

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Maybe that's true but who was to say if he'd get that close again, in F1 these days you might only get one chance to pass so you have to go for it. Nico should have backed off, then tried to repass. I understand what you are saying about making banzai moves but sometimes you just have to go for it. had it not been Nico, JPM would have probably made that move without problem.

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

yup. i agree. MS proved that by going on the grass.

9. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

imo, i think the whole mac management is screwed up. they don't support drivers much, compared to how Ferrari stands by and supports it's drivers. renault too, are another example. they can easily screw up FA's title quest this season and perhaps focus a lil more on fisi, but thats not the case. look how much the team treasure FA after every win he gets. incredible.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's why McLaren is the evil empire. Remember?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99529&page=2&highlight=McLaren+evil

Post #29, #46

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I agree with you 100%. If JPM somehow ends up at Renault next year, I think he will win the WC.

12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I think Ron signing FA while already having two top drivers messed up the whole team. Instead of Kimi and Juan Pablo fighting for the other seat they both seem to have said screw this i'll go elsewhere. The whole move seems to have backfired on Ron and turned this year into a pissing contest. Now he'll probably have to replace both drivers.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spot on.

He wanted to rock Flabio's boat and he did. But he forgot that each action causes an equal reaction and so his own boat got rocked as well.

Newton's law :)

14. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

Yea Hello! And in my fantasy land I own a 190' Yacht crewed by Hooters Girls

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Yes and he finished 2nd. Why? Because he finished the race.......lol

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    And what color is the sun in your fantasy land?

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I really hope JPM doesn't leave F1. He is definitely a top 4/5 driver. He wouldn't have a problem finding a seat in an F1 car, just a seat that will pay him what he's worth at a top team where he belongs. Hopefully Kimi will go to Ferrari and JPM will go to the number 1 seat at Renault. That would make for some interesting racing. JPM is my favorite driver :)

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That would be a great scenario, creating a 3 way fight. However, based on Fischella's comments I think if Kimi goes to Ferrari, Hekki is going to get the second Renault seat. Best case scenario is for JPM to stay at McLaren and concentrate on the job with Lewis Hamilton becoming the Third Driver.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Brian, Alonso really made a mistake signing with McLaren so early, especially in light of losing Adrian Newey and a gaggle of Engineers. Renault should blame themselves for not keeping Alonso by not committing to F1 sooner than they did. If Ron Dennis can pull it off, which I am sure he can, he will have Geoff Willis or Mike Gascoyne at McLaren in no time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gascoyne at Williams, but I don't think they can afford him and pay Webber his salary.

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Three way fight with whom? Michael, Kimi, and JPM or Fernando, Kimi, and JPM? Guess it depends on how you think McMerc will perform next season :p I think a 4 way battle would be even better :)

I like what Tillman said, though. NASCAR did it right by having teammates with no "driver preference" and it seems that the team is unbias against who will get the top spot and given more attention. I wish F1 would do that.

At least get rid of this numbering system where one driver gets a lower number if they're the number 1 driver of the team. Let the driver pick which number they want based on the previous year's driver standings. If the 1st place guy wants number 76, give it to him. Then the 2nd place DC standings guy will pick his. Or just sell the numbers to teams! :D

Also get rid of the different colored cameras on top of the airbox. Make them all one color or body-colored imo. Some of the slightest things like this can make a driver have a different mentality about their position on the team. Different "crew chiefs" or managers should be allowed for each driver imo.

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I saw this one coming! Now Ganassi will have someone to sit with him at his trailer!

22. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies

He won't, but if he does, I will gladly put a wadger on that.

23. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

hehe..true. judging the expererience he had with JPM in the past. at least nico had a bit last sunday.

24. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i can't agree more tony. but i guess like andreas pointed out earlier, renault left FA wondering about his future. they made it very late to commit to F1. plus, i think FA's salary is only around $8 mil a year, i think he might have considered the fact that ppl like ralfie and kimi up there getting more than him, i deep down i'm damn sure he think he deserves more. but ppl already have started to write off FA for next season, i won't do so. they'll be adapting now to life without newey, etc, and i guess they'll be more prepared next season. plus, i think FA is a good leader and motivator compared to kimi imo.

25. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    If JPM leaves F1 and MclMerc, I think he'll compete in Nascar, with the Roger Penske SMART CAR team, that Roger will have a special exemption from Nascar to race them. Roger's UAG, will be selling them in the USA. The reason for the exemption being that TOYOTA Camrys will sweep the races next year and win the Nextell Cup Championship. The Traditional Fans...ain't watching Toyota dominating the races, unless Japan, Nukes North Korea! It will be entertaining, that's what Nascar, is these days, entertainment, when the Monte Carlos, Fusions and Chargers are involved in crashes with the SmartCars, and they'll take-off like Soccer Balls into the stands and infield...Goooooooaaaaaalllll!!! May work to get Nascar a more international fan base? Too much World Cup Soccer?

GEE...Drinking this E85 Ethanol, sure makes for some fuzzy thinking.

Anyway, Happy 4th of July!

Ciao...Paolo