John Travoltas Home | Page 3 | FerrariChat

John Travoltas Home

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by allanlambo, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    That's cool that he's a celebrity who doesn't mind getting a little involved with the jet, like talking with the mechanics etc. Shows he isn't all stuck up with an inferiority complex, strutting off the plane with a "I'm better than you" look to him, lol.

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    That's insane! Apparently there was an MTV Cribs in which he showed his cars (I think there was a neat TVR in there somewhere) and then gave a tour of his gigantic plane.

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I remember that now. The TVR was from the movie Swordfish.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    He got to keep the TVR...? i'm falling hard for those cars...

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Not sure if he kept it permanently or just to promote the movie. I think he did mention something about how that car wasn't supposed to be in the US.

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

I guess a 707 would be fun, if you like driving buses. Ellison has a Mig29 and a Gulfstream. Since I don't like driving buses and trucks, the Mig would be just fine, but since 9/11, the FAA has imposed severe restrictions on war-birds: seems that the 16s can't catch them quickly enough.

Art

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Larry Ellison has enough $$$ to rent a little time at Edwards AFB and have fun in the supersonic corridor. Bill Gates owned an F-5 that was kept there and hired test pilots to take him up.

8. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Des.

Check out Pistonheads.com It's an online community for TVR, Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari etc based here in England.

Loadsss of piccies on there for all you TVR lovers.

Check out the Tamora, T350, Tuscan (Swordfish car), Cerbera, Chimaera. Very beautiful cars and stinkingly fast. You can pick up a Chimaera for around £15k ($25k) and its got a 0-60 of around 4.5seconds. :D

Regards from England, Rico

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Why does JT have a mirror behind his bed ? What could that possibly be for ? I dont get it :)

10. j. cordon

j. cordon Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    j. cordon
    My compamy use to clean that plane all the time before Travolta owned it, it flew the Portland Trailblazers around during their season. It is always parked here at Mccarron Intl here in Vegas, he frequents this town alot. He also bought a 747SP that sat here in the boneyard for years, he flies it for his church to foreign countries.