Jogging... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jogging...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DriveAfterDark, Nov 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    He is on target. Only difference i would add is eliminate all white ...some wheat is ok...

Crossfit p90x any weight involved high interval training will burn fat.

I can only get to 12% because i love sweets too much especially chocolate ...

Above all consistency is the key ...

2. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    eat 90% chocolate if you have to.

3. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto

Wheat is not really ok. it increases blood sugar as much or more than table sugar.

4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I do dark chocolate including cake ...no ice cream

Ive reduced sugar and when i use it ,it unrefined. I drink 50/50 juice water when i drink juice.

Also hard to kick pasta habit

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    So real wheat bread brown rice oatmeal farina is bad

Im 47 and im very impressed with your numbers. Ill be happy with 10% . I float between 12-16

6. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Wheat , whole wheat , white flour , oatmeal, cereals , it is all garbage. it is all genetically modified and it all increases your blood sugar which is exactly what you don't want to do. Store bought juice is poison. Why? because all of the fiber has been removed . So its just sugar water. the problem with wheat in all forms , is that it elevates blood sugar which triggers insulin to be released . this is a cycle that constantly repeats itself which eventually leads to insulin resistance and then diabetes. Eliminate wheat, eliminate sugar , feel better , live longer.

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    HOW. ? it the staple of many diets, ie, italian, spanish asian. What do you replace it with?

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Oatmeal is suppose to be good for you, high in fiber etc.

9. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    breakfast- egg whites with spinach and feta
    snack - plain greek yoghurt , you could add some blueberries or other fruit
    lunch - chicken breast , quinoa, salmon,
    snack - protein shake whey powder add banana and organic peanut butter and skim milk
    dinner tuna, salad , broccoli , yams etc.
    eat nuts, walnuts, pecans some dates,
    fruit is ok , why? because it has the fiber
    drink a lot of water.
    fresh vegetable , roasted in olive oil.
    you want lean protein with each meal. get off carbs and eat protein. protein builds muscle in conjunction with a regular weight training program. Eating clean takes a lot of work and planning but its worth it. Second nature to me.
    if i want to cheat my metabolism is so amped that it does not matter much .

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    You know that is boring ...and i know it effective. Just love my cultural food.

Bigger question because i want to try it for 60-90 as a test. As a truck driver, its hard to stop and only so much i can take. What do you suggest ? Yogurt is a struggle that im losing .

My workout is crossfit plus playing hockey 2 or 3 times a week

Thanks for guidance.

11. 1Superleggera

1Superleggera Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2011
    North East
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i am 45 years old and have worked out most of my life and to me the key is never skip workouts if at all possible. If you are tired or busy on your workout day just do a brief or easier workout but, do not skip it. Your life will be better for it.

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Btw, i eat about half of what you list . Definitely need to up protein with each meal

13. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    #38 BT ZR1, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Truck driver is a tough gig to eat right because of your long hours and truck stops, no good food there. I don't know your schedule and if you have access to a stove or toaster oven, but you need to make meals in advance if you can. Grill a bunch of chicken beasts (skinless) and a variety of peppers , hot sweet whatever, pack your meals , take them with you. Cultural food is fine , skip the bread and pasta. use a lot of spices, grill vegetables and lean meat , pack it and take it with you.
    You need to do more weights, hockey will not build muscle

14. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I dont drive far,, day trips so no truck stop food. Pasta is the cultural staples....lol

I do weights. Im on straight weight routine now . Increasing pounds every week . January i will go back to crossfit routine. Every 90 days i switch

15. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    This is one of the best lists I've seen in a while.

Totally agree on the elimination of processed foods & flour - this is common knowledge for a lot pp trying to lose weight or eat better.
    Atkins or sugar busters diet require that you avoid this stuff, they also require that you reduce carbohydrates.
    Some of the things you listed still contain significant carbs - You feel that is ok? Is it bc the type of food you believe it ok Or you feel one should not eliminate some carbs totally?

Serious? You obviously mean unsweetened chocolate? Dark chocolate is one of my vices for those cheating days.

Al

16. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Sorry i meant dark chocolate which is 90% cocoa or higher.
    complex carbs are ok as long as your having them with protein. Simple carbs should be eliminated altogether. Focus on lean protein and avoid all processed foods .

17. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Actually I have read and heard it the other way re: complex carbs & proteins - several pp have told me NOT to mix these 2 groups - give one another about 1 hr separation or more. I will look for the passage where I read it. Also carbs are a no no in the Atkins diet(at least in the beginning) I've done Atkins successfully (got ketones in urine) lost the most weight & lowered my chols numbers. But once you leave it, weight comes back w a vengeance. Plus Atkins HAS to be detrimental to one's body. So it's not a way of life diet. I'm currently trying to do what has been said relative to lean & protein abundance except there are moments that my body craves a bread or sugar so bad that I can't think. Fruit doesn't do it for me. Anyway it's a struggle, but I do recognize it has to be done in conjunction with exercise.

As far as jogging/running & weight loss goes it is a mind game for me. Jog/run too intensely (143- 153+ bpm) and charts say I'm no longer burning fat. Yet I'm sopping wet when I'm done & I feel great. Problem is though I am a lot more hungry and ravenous (mentally I say to myself I can eat it bc I worked out hard). I have been doing this for years - probably the biggest reason I could not lose weight. So now I am trying to jog/run slower and maintain 108 - 120bpm (fat burn range for me, so the charts say). Mental problem though is it feels as though I did nothing, no real sweat after 45 minutes. However upside is I am less hungry compared to the harder run. So right now I'm going to see if this works for me.

Al

18. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    A few tidbits of info --- " Hershey's Extra Dark contains 60% cocoa solids while Hershey's Special Dark contains 45% cocoa solids." A 90% cocoa would have you making the bitter beer face. :)

and something I posted in another thread in the past;

No need for extreme diets or foods that taste like straw. Gluten free is a good idea though, imo.

19. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Gluten free is necessary if your celiac. The other ingredients in gluten free are pretty bad, tapioca starches , rice starches and other sweeteners plus chemicals the names of which I cannot pronounce which have the same negative effect on blood sugar. So if you think Gluten free helps you , great , in fact it does nothing to lower blood sugar , it raises it. In this regard, people who think that gluten free is an alternative to wheat are often misinformed to the extent that these products still play havoc with blood glucose levels That is the point. In terms of Hershey bars read the first ingredient on the label. Probably Sugar. Now go and read the label on a lindt 90% chocolate bar. Once you eat clean for a while tasting processed foods laden with sugar and salt will make you think twice. Paradigm shift, eating clean is not extreme.......... Eating processed , sugar , salt and fat laden foods makes people sick.

20. BMWManiac

BMWManiac Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Aberdeen, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The thing most wrong with gluten free foods is not enough gluten.....

21. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Think about what you said, "there are moments when my body craves bread or sugar so bad I can't think" This is very dangerous and indicates the addictive qualities of sugar. Let me try and explain , the endless cycle of spiking glucose levels and insulin release creates these cravings which you need to break. This is why when you have a muffin or toast for breakfast at 8am you are again feeling hungry at 1030am. Replace the wheat and have an 6 egg white omelette with some avocado slices and see what happens. No hunger pangs at 1030am I do believe that a person suffers withdrawal symptoms from eliminating all wheat. It will last several days but you will start to feel better.

22. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I have found Hersey extra yet I eat dark with almonds. Walmart sell it

23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Clean less processed food is what you get in Europe . That's the first time my wife and sister law said when I took them to Europe . That the food taste fresher . I've lived in America long enough to have accustom to food here .

24. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    If your not a celiac patient forget about Gluten free. Why? because Gluten-free flours, rice flour, cornmeal, and the other substitutes spike blood sugar and insulin levels all on their own, and are made worse when combined with sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, fructose, vegetable oils (including soybean, corn, cottonseed, sunflower, and safflower oils), and trans-fats (found in partially hydrogenated oil and most vegetable shortenings and margarine). What do you get when you eat these foods, weight gain, inflammation, and the development of insulin resistance, and then comes type 2 diabetes.

25. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    Yup Hersheys Special Dark, first ingredient is sugar, followed by cocoa butter and cocoa. And man was it good! ;) I have it everyday, it's like my coffee. I have tried lots of others but Hersheys is the best tasting.