Joel Osteen | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'Texas' started by texasmr2, Apr 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    When I went the service started at 7pm and I walked out around 8pm because they were still singing. I despise all the songs about God is your savior ie you are nothing without God. If seating is an issue for you just get there early and bring a flask of spirits.

2. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lol.I would jump off the building to sit through all that. Sitting is not an issue. I don't mind showing up late.

Thanks for the heads up

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Chris,
    Don't get me wrong about the music as it was great and during rehearsal they were rocking its just some of the lyrics and basically it was a 45min long song. Other than that you will meet some great people and make new friends like I did I'm certain of that. What I like about Joel is that he talks to you without going overboard on the preaching aspect.

I was out having a few beers a few weeks back and met Sarge a really nice guy and it turns out he is a minister at a local church. I told him about my Lakewood experience and he said he understands as the music is not for everyone, I will be attending his service this coming weekend.

If God is in your heart and in the way you treat people that is all that really matters imo.

Take some pics ok?

Best,
    Gregg

4. schumacherf2006

Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will for sure Gregg.

Thanks for the information.

I have watched Joel since I have been a teenager. I enjoy him for his motivation. He is an incredible speaker. I cant wait

5. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Hindi is a language in India. A Hindu is a person who practices Hinduism, a religion in India.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No ****, I can't believe it. ;)

7. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Then what is a Hindquarter?

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I met Joel today and he gave me a autographed copy of his latest book, super great guy.

9. schumacherf2006

Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jealous

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

10. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Almost got arrested for using that word while having a "discussion" with a cop.............

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Chris,
    Here is the link to his website that list his upcoming out of town services although I see nothing for Salt Lake City coming up in the near future. You can sign up so you can receive email notices of his pending event in your city. Tickets must be purchased for these events though and when you see your city listed just click on it and it will give you prices and how/where to purchase them. I did a simple search and found tickets ranging in price from $15 to $23. Also I am not sure but I assume he holds the 'meet and greet' sessions where ever he goes.

Joel Osteen Ministries - Event Details

Gregg

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Eric (ForsytheFotographyHouston),
    Do you not work Sundays? Last time I attended service (Sunday) the gentleman who worked your camera (the one you ran when we met) did not even know who you are. Any way I will be attending the early service tomorrow so I can make it back home in time for the start of the 500.

Just wanted to touch base and say hello,
    Gregg

13. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg