Jay Leno finally has a Ferrari in his Garage | FerrariChat

Jay Leno finally has a Ferrari in his Garage

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Apr 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 soucorp, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was surprised to see a 308 GTB in Jay Leno's collection. He likes the cars, but swore never to buy one from the Dealer because of how badly they treated him. Finally Jay caved in maybe! The car is in this silly Honda FCX Top Gear Review when May interviews Leno.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3V3trzcKQk&feature=related[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I think that is his mechanic's car, not Jay's car.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #4 soucorp, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Discussed many times before. This GTB belongs to Bernard the shop foreman. I have seen the car in the garage and it is some 10 serial numbers away from mine.

6. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Jay Leno's a jerk.....he steals all his material from people like Howard Stern and basically sabotaged Conan O'Brien.

He's so lame and watered-down, says nothing controversial and is nice guy fake attitude is boring.

He's also incredibly stupid....he's basically depriving himself of something he wants because he didn't like the dealer? Just go to another dealer.......duhhhh!

I'm so happy he doesn't have one and hope he never gets one...don't want to be associated to that fool in any way.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Jay is one of the greatest auto enthusiasts of our time. What he buys and what he likes is his own business.

He deserves our respect because he doesn't just restore cars, he gets his hands dirty too.

Lastly, he's also just a really nice guy and fine human being.

8. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1 to all of this. At the SoCal car events he takes people for drives, never tires of talking about cars with the guys and is a really down-to-earth enthusiast. The "jerk" comment a couple of posts above could not be further from the truth.

9. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #9 soucorp, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    I wish I can hang out with Jay for a day in his garage! He has one of the most awesome collections that I know of next to Ralph Lauren,
    except Jay has no Ferraris -wtfric.

BTW, here's the Polo collection if you have never seen it:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14-kw5OFIXI[/ame]

10. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    In my opinion, he's a jerk and I have the right not to like him. I don't attack people who do like him but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes, but you've never met him. I think those of us who have would have a better understanding of the man.

12. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #12 JeremyJon, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    it's been posted a few times already, the car belongs to Jays mechanic Bernard, and as has been said, he doesnt dislike Ferraris, he just doesn't own any

“I’m not going to pull up to a premiere in a Ferrari,” Leno says. “Unless it’s car people, I’m not interested in impressing anyone with my cars.”

13. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    our own Ernie posted this:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6682

14. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Not impressing anyone with my cars? It's all he talks about and there's always a camera in there...

15. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    When I had a Cord Beverly, we met Jay a few times with the SoCal ACD club. He wasn't a regular of course, but he'd show up once in a while. He also has a Cord, but his is the open top car, in addition to his Dusie.

Anyway, I also had a Mondial and we had a few laughs about that. He's very down to earth about the car stuff, but he is a different guy with the TV/business end of things. NBC did most of the damage(and paid handsomely for it) with the whole Conan thing.

To describe him as a jerk due to the business deals with NBC is not very charitable. He's done a lot for vintage car owners in CA. He's also done a lot of the ACD club, and the fact he doesn't own a Ferrari is due much more to the way they treat him, than the actual cars. Although He's not much of a fan, to be sure.

16. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    There are plenty of documented instances and a lot of victims of Leno's behavior in business. Ask Letterman, Stern, Conan, Rosie O'Donnel, Sandra Bernhart, Johnny Carson, etc. etc.

Just because he's a car guy doesn't make me want to hang out with him and just because he attends car shows and is a nice guy on the surface wouldn't change my mind about him.

I am not fooled by his whole nice-guy fakeness. He's a jerk, steals his jobs and material from other people and my mind won't change no matter how much of a car guy he is.

17. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    ya, because he's a 'car guy' and he shares that passion with everyone....nothing sinister there!

18. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada

then don't hang out with him ;)

19. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    +1
    he frequents many car shows and events that interest him, he spends alot of time and effort restoring some unique cars, and enjoys doing his own thing, without caring what others think.....good on him IMO

20. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    He's still a Jerk

21. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Don't plan to..

22. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    if you say so :eek:

23. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Have you ever met him?

My neighbor was a producer on his show since he took over from Carson. He knows him very well and has nothing but nice things to say about Jay. He is very good to his staff, and contrary to what you've posted - he was good to others in the industry... Conan and David included.

To say that he somehow screwed Conan is ignorant of what went down. Conan basically gave NBC an ultimatum that either he get the Tonight Show within 5 years or he walks to another network. Leno was gracious and agreed. When the time came, Leno indicated to NBC that he still had gas in the tank and didn't want to leave. Conan still got the Tonight Show and Leno got the new Primetime show. When ratings tanked for Conan, NBC knew what they had to do. They gave the Tonight Show back to Leno. This is a business, and these are business decisions.

Don't blame business decision made by NBC on "Leno being an *******".

24. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #24 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    The entertainment industry is hardly a commune of sheep and angels. That Leno has risen as high as he has and still interacts with the surfs as graciously as he does, speaks of solid character.

Stern has made a great living deriding everything and everyone on the planet, including the mentally and physically challenged, Letterman proves that he has a Top 10 meanest streak every time a conservative makes news, Conan never impressed me with his work, and O'Donnel is about as ungracious and irrational as a person could be when she talks about social issues -- and that's all she talks about. Why have you singled out Leno in this way?

MAN CRUSH!

25. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Jay is one of us, even if doesn't own a Ferrari. I like the guy and his passion is right there with ours.