jay leno Bugatti Veyron | FerrariChat

jay leno Bugatti Veyron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by lamborghini82, Jan 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    Is there anybody here who knows why Jay Leno do not own a veyron. Maybe someone has seen an articel about his opinion for this car?
    thanks a lot

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Does Jay Leno use 2-ply toilet paper, or does he import high resolution 4-ply toilet paper from Japan?

Is his toaster a two slotter or a four slotter? Also, is it a high resolution toaster?

Is his oven gas, or electric? Is his range gas or electric?

Why doesn't Jay have a new microwave oven made by Ferrari? Is the the crappy customer service or the long wait to get one? Is Jay unhappy with the three year belt service of his Ferrari's magnetron and that's maybe why he doesn't own one?

And why does Karim visit this website after having been banned 34019312238483498304934802398420389472039857 times?

3. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    sorry sir who is Karim
    I am a german student and i am very confused about your reaction as it was a normal question. Sorry here in germany there are no articels of jay lenon so i am 100 per cent sure that lenon has given an interview about the veyron maybe at pebble beach!

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    maybe, just maybe...

He doesnt like it?

I dont. therefore if I was in the position to buy I still wouldnt. Even if it was twice as cheap.

5. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    All good questions. ;)

6. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    How are you 100% sure?

7. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    as he was at prebble beach with his bugatti and i am sure there are journalists who asked him about the grand sport

8. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Simple. Tom Cruise has one and everyone knows that Jay Leno hates Tom Cruise. Yes, I just started a celebrity feud from Fchat.

From what I've heard him say on his website during the McLaren F1 drive, the whole ideology behind the Veyron kind of goes against his philosophy of what a car should be. He prefers cars designed by engineers and then fitted with bodies by artists, as opposed to the other way around, which he accuses the Veyron of. He also states that it is too heavy, making the point that the McLaren F1 weighs a little more than half as much. Jay test drove one and probably didn't like how refined and non-involving it was. After all, the Veyron was designed to be a 250 mph supercar you could easily use as a daily driver. Jay likes challenging cars. You'll be able to find cars in his stable that go against what I just listed as his preferences, but then remember, if he did buy a Veyron it would be a $1.5 million car that went against many of his perferences. At the end of the day, $1.5 million is still a hell of a lot of money, even for Jay Leno. You have to be Larry Ellison (Oracle founder, Veyron owner) rich before $1.5 million starts to feel like pocket change.

I hope that answers your question. Keep your nose clean on Fchat, man. Don't be so dang confrontational and people won't attack you.

9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Leno hates Tom Brady, too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSDqZzjw9Uk

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    One-quarter of all F1s are in the United States. The Tonight Show host Jay Leno has chassis No. 15, but says he is not tempted to trade his in for the more historic chassis No. 65.

"I like the one I have," says Leno. "It is arguably the greatest car of all time. It does everything better, faster than any other car from 1900 to 2000. Nothing touches it. Even if the Bugatti Veyron ends up being faster, there is no comparison. The McLaren is a dancer; the Veyron a girl with big boobs."

11. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are we talking about Jay Leno or John Lenon here?

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It says Jay Leno right in the title at the start of the thread. I don't think John Lennon is giving interviews...
    Good English by the writer compared to my German, which I only use for Auto Motor und Sport...
    CH

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Jay's cars are substantial historic and unique and he passionately works on them himself and with his team

the Bug is none of the above.

There are a couple of old sayings that go here

Just because he CAN doesn't mean he should (he can afford it but for the price of one bug he can have 20 other cars)

A rich man is usually rich because he does not spend money if he does not have to.

14. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    #14 kverges, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    In one of my Coffee Table books, Leno waxes on about the McLaren F1 and explains why, at least at the time, he would not consider a Veyron.

He basically does not care for all the excesses in weight, power (to overcome the weight), and lack of purity in the Veyron.

I happen to agree. First, I find it hideous, sort of like a two-tone, ponderous sea lamprey. Second, it is all about vulgar excess for its own sake in terms of power, completely unusable top speed to brag about, and it is so heavy that it is appalling.

Leno can afford anything and everything he wants in the car world, and I applaud him for his decision to stick with cars that have art and soul, of which the Veyron is a black hole.

15. Element9T8

Element9T8 Karting

Apr 27, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    Full Name:
    John Alters
  16. sunsworn

sunsworn Rookie

May 16, 2013
    jay has said that he likes to work on his cars himself..he is a tinkerer.
    I believe he won't buy a Veyron because he can't even change the oil in it!

17. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Jay buys cars that he likes.

Same thing with 100% of car collectors. Just because you can buy every car doesn't mean you do.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lol

20. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jay doesn't nor does his staff do the work on the F1 - it's left to factory people.

21. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    He has a McLaren F1. Even a cheap one is 3 million plus a nice example is 4m+. Leno has the means to do it if he wanted.

22. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Jay Leno is a ponderous sea lamprey.

+1.

23. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    Did Leno buy a Veyron in 2014?