Jay Leno: 2020 Z51 convertible First Drive | FerrariChat

Jay Leno: 2020 Z51 convertible First Drive

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by C50, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
  2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I watched it, outstanding, probably his best show ever.
    Tadget is an amazing brand ambassador....super knowledgeable and passionate.
    Car is exceptional!
    Can’t wait to see what the Grandsport convertible will be like...
    (Btw Jay...pay closer attention...Tadge told you 3 times the car was governed first 500 miles for break-in purposes, not because it is a “pilot car,” Tadge just gave up trying to explain it over and over...:))

jimmyb likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Also...something wrong with their color management...the car’s color completely washed out to a weird orange-dusty rose color.

4. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Jay is probably going senile. Saw the video from the launch event where Jay got a close look of the C8. He seemed so amazed at the removable top (standard on every corvette since '84), the lack of huge door sills (the C4 was the only corvette generation to have that issue) and so on. It was frustrating to watch. It's either senility or a very poorly written script but I'm leaning towards thinking it's the former.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    He also made the mistake of saying the C1 carried over its chasis to the C2, its actualy C2 to C3.

CK7684 likes this.
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree. I stopped watching his show because of it. He seems more interested in posing his next question rather than actually actively listening to his guest. I also dislike it, particularly given that he made his living as a comedian, that when his guest makes a funny little comment Jay almost never even cracks a smile and just keeps talking. As a comedian he can throw a bone to someone there, helping promote his show, who may be nervous in his presence...it would be considered a common courtesy.

crinoid likes this.
  7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    That got me also. Jay got his teeth in the 500 mile break in, continually saying it was ONLY on the Ex VIN cars and just would not let it go. I wasn't there and I felt uncomfortable for Tadge.
    Sadly, all the ADD members of Corvette Forum have gone on and on about modern engines not needing break in even though Tadge was very clear that this break in period is mainly for the transaxle/DCT.