Sold - Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Chrono 146.8.25 | FerrariChat

Sold Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Chrono 146.8.25

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Skidkid, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Clearing out old stuff and it is time to let the Jaeger go to a new home. I have box and papers BUT they did not come with this watch. My original was stolen and I bought this one from a member here many years ago.

The watch is in good condition and works well. I haven't worn it for a few years so I haven't had it serviced. Before that, I wore it often so it isn't perfect but in pretty good shape; not collectors quality but daily use. I am not qualified to rate the condition so look at the photos and ask for anything that I didn't include. As you can see, minimal band stretch.

Online they appear to be about $6500 but likely all polished and more recently serviced so how about $5200.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bthesixthree and Camp Freddie like this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Price Adjustment: I did a close inspection with a magnifying glass and while obviously not pristine the condition is good. There is one tiny dent that may not buff out. I believe that the rest should buff out including the back of the clasp. There doesn't appear to be any scratches on the crystal. Since I am not buffing it I will drop the price to $4800 and in honor of the crazy runup, if you want to pay with BTC I will sell it to you for $4700.

Hawkeye likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Most reliable watch I have is a Jaeger and this one is very, very nice. My Albatros has outperformed Pateks, Audemars, Breguets, etc, so expect John's to do the same.

Hawkeye and Skidkid like this.
  4. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Great watch. If that was the Valentino Rossi Edition I'd be all over it.

Skidkid likes this.
  5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Thanks guys. I mostly wear my white face Explorer II these days so it is time to thin the collection. Wife wants a Rolex Meteorite face w/diamond markers so that is what I will likely get next.

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I just looked up and it had a full service in 2010 so is probably due even though it is running well. Jaeger says full service is $850. I will reduce it to $4000 and you get it serviced when you are ready.

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    JLC are the watches that watchmakers wear. I love my JLC watches and unlike a Rolex or Patek, only watch people will know it's something special so when you do bump into a watch person. This is a great starter JLC at $4000 for someone.

Skidkid likes this.