I've got Soul | FerrariChat

I've got Soul

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Carnut, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well as some of you know I just cannot seem to go very long without buying a car. While shopping for a car for my girlfriend's mother we ended up at the Kia dealer and drove one of the Soul's. She looked at me and said why don't you buy something like this as your mall parking car instead of those bugs and tin cans (the Abarth & Mini Cooper) you have, I'd actually get in this. Well two days latter I bought a Wild Orange Soul exclaim, and it is by no means a sports car (or even sporty) but it is a pretty good car and I actually don't mind driving it. The added feature is that when my ex wife was looking for a new SUV I told her she should go look at Kia's because they offer a lot for the money. She told me that is what the help drives, she could never drive a Kia. I always find it funny when people who had nothing married someone with something and then everything changes. Okay back to the car, if anyone is looking for a car that has great safety features (has a 5 star rating), great visibility(would be great for older or younger driver), well made, and feels pretty upscale on the inside, I can honestly say go take a look. I am of course going to mess with this thing, and see whether I can make anything besides the color be wild.

Isobel likes this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Carnut likes this.
  3. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Turbo ? Everyone I know who owns one loves it and their reliability is Toyota level. Kia has a winner with this one.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
  5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I love Kias (I drive a Rio). Now that my daughter is on the verge of getting her license, I'm thinking she'll take the Kia and I'll get a Soul (or vice-versa).

6. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I bought my daughter a 2016 Soul to commute to school in ( an alien green one.) She moved out of the country after her Master's for her PhD, so I kept it and use it as a commuter / grocery getter. I echo OP's opinions. Feels bigger than it is, comfortable, roomy and fun to drive.

7. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Now you're in a pickle. If you ever want to get rid of it, you'll have to sell your Soul.

:p

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I drove one of those as a rental in Denver. Absolutely terrible. Huge blind spot with that c-pillar and it drove like crap in very very light snow on the roads.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am going to assume the rentals are the lesser powered cars (the exclaim just came out in 2017). I am changing out the tires (they are garbage all seasons), maybe the wheels too and I don't see the blind spot in fact compared to my other summer cars (except when the top is down on the Porsche) it is great. It will never see snow, it will go into storage with the summer cars in November. I am having exotic car gear make a new steering wheel, and having a few other things done. I am going to get it up on the lift and see what suspension changes I can make. I already have my eye on another car so I want to get this one done, besides I don't want to loose my soul.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I love ya, man. But I promised my wife in semi-retirement that the thangs I used to do, I won't do no mo. But I love following what you do.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Probably why I don't have a wife anymore, just a girlfriend who shakes her head in disbelief pretty often!

12. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    I like the exterior form of Kia Soul. It makes the insie roomy.