I've been reading about adding Ferrari fender badges | FerrariChat

I've been reading about adding Ferrari fender badges

Discussion in '360/430' started by saudio, Sep 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    there are several older threads about it. Curious what the current wisdom is regarding adding them to a car that did not come from the factory with them, and if there are still any suppliers that make ones that look original?

Thanks much

2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  3. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Just as a FYI, which may not matter for you, the fender badges that the factory installed were recessed into the front fenders. It was an option that included a recess for the badges to fit flush into the fender. With that said there are some very nice reproductions out there that can be surface mounted.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  5. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm very interested in a quality reproduction, and info on surface mounting in a way that would be secure and not damage the paint. Any further info? Had anyone here already done this?

6. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    at first I bought badges from ebay they run around 100.00 they look real from a distance, but then you will notice the first thing that people knows these cars will call you out on it. I caught a person taking hes finger nails to see if the badges where recessed in the fender. Wend I got home I pulled them off and threw them away. I spent a whole year googling and searching how to fit the real ones on . There is a place in CA that claims they can stamp your fenders in so the can be fitted for 5000.00 dollars but know one has proof that is how they do it. So here is what I did I found left and right fenders that where from a parted out car cut the badge plates out and then I found a VERY HIGHLY SKILLED WELDER WELD THE PLATES in. Here are some pics, you can buy OEM from Eurospares around a 1000.00 for a pair . We did not have to use any bondo just primer hope this helps.. I know this is a bit extreme but worth it to me hope this helps you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

imahorse, G. Pepper and E60 M5 like this.
  7. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  8. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's quite an effort and the finished product looks great. Maybe I'm better off forgetting the whole idea because I doubt I would want to do anything quite that drastic.

pilotoCS likes this.
  9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I did on a previous 308 GTS I owned. Looked okay from 30 feet away...any closer and it was obvious they were "wrong". Not sure about paint issues, sold car with them, but lots of people use them and remove them, never heard of a problem.

10. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    f355spider likes this.
  11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I miss Yoshi....

ScottS, I'm 360 Canuck and E60 M5 like this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    his were great!

ScottS likes this.
  13. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I bought mine from Jim based on the Us who trades on eBay - his trader name is i-velocita . His badges are quite superb. The key is the adhesive used - he uses top quality 3M . I had mine on 4 years and I’ve had no issue with paint marks since removal

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #15 LightGuy, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Yes "Ferrari people" will know they are fake.
    Im a "Ferrari person" yet wont negatively judge anyone for putting on fake badges.
    Its part of the look.
    Just like a fake CS stripe is forgivable. It was a part of that cars character.

Just dont go around presenting them as something they are not.

IMO if you like them get the best adhesive knock offs you can find and slap them on.
    If people complain tell them thats the Ferrari you could justify owning but just like the look of the badges. If they look down their nose at you then that says more about them.
    Its a real Ferrari afterall.

JaguarXJ6 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you really want to do it the right way, have the car shipped to Premier in L.A. I was told that they are the only outfit in the U.S. that has the press (the other one, of course, is in Italy) that presses in the shield shape into the fenders. I'm guessing it's not cheap.

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I think you are going down a road no one has even broached...so why go there?

17. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He doesn't seem to offer the yellow badges that I can locate. Or does he? they do look very nice.

18. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Send him a message on eBay, he will post an individual auction for you

houtie123 likes this.
  19. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's what he did for me - he makes small quantities and doesn't hold much stock. BTW no affiliation but his other products are excellent

brookliner7 likes this.
  20. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I just bought a 360 without badges. I prefer the car to be more anonymous. The badges on the side are extremely overt and probably cause the general public to go into "Selfie Hysteria" mode. Without those obvious badges, my 360 could be an Audi, a Toyota or even a Ford, at least to the people who call all small aircraft "a Cessna".

JaguarXJ6 and one4torque like this.
  21. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Correct. A few years ago they gave me a quote of $8000 for a 360.

22. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I appreciate the idea but I don't think I want them badly enough for that.

23. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Stick on cloisonne look fine and are not noticeable they are not recessed until you are up close. Too bad Yoshi is no longer offering them....he used a very thin version, with thin 3M adhesive for a very nice look. I had them on my previous F355 spider. I took measurements off a friends F355 GTS with factory shields to get the placement exact. His coloring and horse were an almost exact match to oem. Most all the others, if you stare at them long enough...have issues with the shade of yellow and the detailing in the horse. Not a huge deal except for the perfectionist. I wouldn't know whose is closest today...you might search threads and see if someone has done the homework for you.

24. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have reached out to him, hopefully he has some or can make a couple. Thanks much! Very informative thread.