its time now, lebron vs MJ! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

its time now, lebron vs MJ!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He may very well be, however personal traits and character do not determine one’s greatness on the court.

2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    On vacay in Mexico and what book do they have front and center of lending library? Basketball, a love story. Awesome read. Anyway pat Reilly compares the 2 and says, difference used to be leb would worry about consequences of missing shot. Mj, never did. But leb learned to get past that.
    Nothing but interviews. Old time greats, current superstars, journalists, announcers, etc. Pretty universal that Mj is goat. Teammates did not like him though. Steve Kerr had good stories.
    Check it out

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well LeBron has had more attempts at game winning 4th qtr/OT shots in the playoffs than MJ so he would worry more about the consequences.

However, Jordan was better and didn't put himself in a position to need a game winner as often...he was good enough to put the game away before it needed to come down to the wire.

Game winning shots are nothing to brag about imo. It's more impressive to beat another team down from tipoff than need to barely survive. One is more entertaining for fans though obviously...

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Scottie Pippen says Lebron doesn't have the clutch gene Jordan had. Shots fired.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Now the media is really trying to stir a pot for this garbage. Lol

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mr Sportsmanship himself...

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    going to lakers is going to hurt his legacy big time. ridiculous move. terrible team, unstable management, crazy expectations weak coach, etc. i never understood it.

11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He's hurt himself by allowing his ego to show how controlling he is. It's really surprising organizations let him basically run the show.

AceMaster and JAM1 like this.
  12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    youre right but he has done a pretty good job of being coach/gm in miami and clev. lakers are a whole different level though. he totally destroyed chemistry by trying to force anthony davis trade. none of the young lakers are happy with that. other problem is none of those young lakers are very good either.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I think the dude just wanted to live in LA and make the best of it to be honest.

14. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    Although the Bulls were still a very good team without MJ, he’s the GOAT in my book. He brought a level of intensity, swagger, and greatness that inspired a generation of athletes and continues to do so today.

Magic is a close 2nd to me, and I still believe if he didn’t have to retire prematurely, the conversation would be totally different today. A 6’9 true point guard who dominated the league even in his rookie year. There will never be another player like Magic.

Lebron entered the league with a level of hype and expectation that we have never seen in professional sports, and he managed to live up to it pretty quickly.. To me he proved he deserves to be in the goat discussion when he went back to Cleveland and won them a ring. That was special.

He’s dealing with a type of adversity that he’s never had to deal with here in L.A.... It reminds me a bit of when Kobe had to start over with a young team.. I’m not very optimistic with his attitude through all this, but I hope he proves me wrong.

If he does win chip in L.A. I’d definitely re evaluate my stance, but until then, he’s in my top 5

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The difference between MJ and LJ are

1) MJ didn’t switch teams to chase a title

2) MJ is undefeated in Finals and has 6

3) MJ was clutch; LJ disappears in the last two minutes

To LJ’s credit, he did deliver a title in Cleveland after being down 3-1 to a VERY good GS team. In fact, if not for that Cleveland title there would be no talk of “who’s the GOAT, MJ or LJ”.

Think about it. Take that Cleveland title away and what has LJ done with his own team. In my opinion, that is the only reason LJ is being compared, but also in my opinion there is no comparison because MJ is the GOAT....and I’m not even an NBA fan LOL

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    leb made 2 mistakes in his career. the decision was bad but at least was off the court. and he donated proceeds to charity. not so bad. but move to la is on the court. was soooo stupid to go there. I predicted this from last winter. what did he think was going to happen? he could be on a bad team for entire end of career. lakers really have no personnel at this point. big hit to legacy

17. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

JAM1 likes this.
  18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    JAM1 and Bradwilliams like this.