its time now, lebron vs MJ! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

its time now, lebron vs MJ!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You have to add Joe Montana to that. 4 SBs and no interceptions. He is at his best when the most is on the line. Can’t get better than that.

2. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Believe it or not I did. A friend of mine is a die hard Giants fan, and he told me himself that he wishes they could win that game but he believed at that time they no chance they would. I told him the Giants can do it, remember how tough they played the Pats last game of the season. The Giants came close to defeating them but the Pats barely escaped. They saved that for the SB ;)

bball16 likes this.
  3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I did not know that until now.

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    IMO, LJ is a faaaaar second if that. This really should be a debate about who is #2? Lebron James, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem, or Shaq?

Lebron lost twice and ALMOST 3x as a clear favorite in the finals. MJ only went to a game 7 once in his 6 year Championship run. MJ is great because he is dominant. He's also got all the moves. Everyone just shoots 3's these days to build up their stats.

The only way Lebron could even be in the discussion for #1 is if he's been doing what Brady has been doing in the NFL.

ag512bbi and bball16 like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fixed it for you. Jordan, Montana and Brady are the most worthy for GOAT of GOAT status. Don't watch enough hockey to say. Baseball is very hard for a single player to consistently dominate IMO.

Someone who I really enjoyed watching as a kid who doesn't get much GOAT love is Edwin Moses. 100+ races won in a row over 9+ years!

T

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I knew a fellow who may have been the GOAT in field events - the late Al Oerter, who remarkably won the Olympic discus throw in four straight Olympiads, and if not for our boycott of the 1980 Moscow games, might easily have made it five in a row.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Semi tongue in cheek as it says Chosen 1 on his back.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    There's a name from the past. Great call there.
    T

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    goat of goats is roger Federer. longevity of brady, dominance of mj, but does it alone without teammates. only issue is his trouble w nadal.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Speaking of tennis, would Serena Williams figure in to the GOAT of GOATS discussion? I don't follow tennis, but she seems to have been at the top of her game for a long time...T

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yeah serena is up there but unless she can beat roger, she cant be goat

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    She’s the goat of female tennis players

13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#113 Bradwilliams, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Laughable. Absolutely laughable. Kind of reminds me of that time when one of the recent dream teams went public and said they could beat the '92 team. I felt bad for them, cocaine is a helluva drug. It was so embarassing that it was also laughable. BTW here is a quick video of 5 athletes who are in a class that Lebron will never touch. EVER.

Martina Navratilova would smash Serena, period.

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Jordan never really formed his teams, like players today.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    talking nba goat. leb is 2nd. i dont consider centers as goat bc too limited in what they can do. kareem had hook but couldnt dribble, shaq couldnt hit a foul shot. leb similar to but better shooter and athlete than magic. bird got hurt too soon. kobe? please. dont know oscar enough to say but hes prob 3 after leb
    dont know tennis that well but i doubt martina or anyone else of old school players would know what to do w serena power. it didnt exist back then. just like no one could hit 40 ft 3 pointers in the 80s. and no one could dunk in the 40s. no one could run 4 min mile at one point either. athletes get better with every generation. bigger, stronger, faster, listen to steve kerr discuss his bulls to gsw. interesting

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Jordan and his Bulls won 6 titles, but I think if he had played basketball instead of baseball for those two years in the middle, I think there's a pretty good chance that they would have won 8 titles in a row!

iloveferrari likes this.
  17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    True, but you have to adjust the baseline for when, where, & who they played IMO. That's what makes this great chat over beers! Babe Ruth hit 714 homes when most parks were the size of Grand Canyon. On the other hand, he wasn't facing well rested 100+ flame-throwing relief pitchers.

Another GOAT of GOATs candidate...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Bradman

T

18. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just saw that last night (had to look it up), can't believe he said it. Then I saw an interview with Jordan where he was talked to about being the GOAT and he flat out said he didn't like that as it was disrespectful to all the great players that came before him. I guess it's a sign of different generations as the term respect is non-existent these days.

greg328, iloveferrari and AceMaster like this.
  19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is an excellent post

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    MJ wouldn't announce it publicly, but he certain played and walked around as the GOAT. If you look into OJ Mayo's account of what happened when MJ embarrassed him in his basketball camp, OJ mentions MJ's words to him were, "You may be the best high school player, but I'm the greatest ever. Don't ever disrespect the greatest." The interview is on youtube.

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have seen it but that was a TOTALLY different circumstance.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Mj was merciless teammate. He was evil to point of ruining careers. Opponents, bulls and Olympic players. Made no difference to him. I don't believe that kind stuff goes on any more

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Examples? I would have thought that playing with MJ made the careers of folks like Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Grant, Kerr, etc. Of course, teaming with MJ may have robbed them of individual stats, but likely they won more championships than if they were teamed with ordinary greats and not His Airness?

T

Fun fact - Miami Heat retired his number, and he never even played for them!

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I'm a huge MJ fan, but heard he's a real azzhole in person. Or at least was. Not sure about now. Let's talk about MJ the azzhole.

25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Let's talk about LeBron the *******.