Italy Trip Dinner Notes (November 2019) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Italy Trip Dinner Notes (November 2019)

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by arizonaitalian, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Really wanted to do Testaccio last summer as its been said it is the least of the tourist attractions from what I read. But time was limited at the time.
    But tonight I got lucky lucky at a local to me restaurant in the Nw Burbs of Chicago and had a Wild Boar (Cinghiale) stew with polenta. What a treat after salivating on my keyboard this week on this thread.
    The owner is from Sardegna and the chef is from Bologna !

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  3. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Just curious, what are the addresses of these two places, I'm headed to Rome shortly.

4. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Business had my youngest daughter living in Trastevere for 3 years or so...we popped over for the winter 17-18 and spent a lot happy evenings at Da Enzo...
    Surprised/pleased to find another fan here...

Attached Files:

arizonaitalian likes this.
  5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    http://www.daenzoal29.com/

https://www.latavernacciaroma.com/

reservations asap if you want to avoid a long, long wait for da enzo.

tavernacia also needs a resy, but can be made on shorter notice.

Advice - must get the amatriciana and carbonara at da enzo. Otherwise you miss what makes it special.

6. Frank F355

Frank F355 Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    francis j. pizzi
    Just booked a flight...great review of some of my favorite places. Would like to be able to bring my F355 Spider with me!
    Frank P. Princeton

7. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Thanks, the bell just rang on Da Enzo, its in Trastevere, a university friend from Chicago was just in Rome and our favorite Italian in Des Plaines is called Via Roma on Northwest Highway. The chef is from Rome and he recommended Da Enzo to my pal.

8. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    A restaurant where I have been eating for the past almost 50 years is called Hosteria Casetta on Via Trinofale, a long way from Trastevere (it was easy when I was a student and had a car to drive from Monte Mario to Trastevere). Its a real Roman restaurant and you won't spend a lot (less than Euro 30)

FerrariTexas likes this.
  9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    no surprise. Speaking of "ringing"...you'd better be ringing their phone for a reservation asap! (they only take them for the first seating when they open at 7:30pm, after that its all walk-in. I'm not sure about lunch, they *might* do similarly and take reservations for the tables when they open)

10. Robert Kindel

Robert Kindel Rookie

Aug 27, 2006
    Katy, Texas
    Full Name:
    Robert Kindel
    Thank you for posting. I had fond memories of dining in Italy......reKindeled!!! Bob Kindel