Italian Gathering 2010 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Italian Gathering 2010

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by otterbeinjumper, Jul 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #51 AxerJk, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
  3. wendys is good

wendys is good Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2005
    Cincinnati Ohio
    nice video, cars sounded great.

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Some great pictures and video there Chris! Especially like the red 1975 LP 400 Countach and the silver Urraco.
    CH

5. DaveB

DaveB Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Very cool!! I am glad even though I had to take off early, you got my car leaving (the Testarossa that was first).

Dave

6. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    I didn't your TR yesterday but saw it at Eddie Merlot's. I gave you a thumbs up when you pulled up to the parking spot but you looked kinda busy lol.

7. DaveB

DaveB Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I am sorry I didn't acknowledge your thumbs up. I was stressing out because the left bank of the engine was occasionally cutting out. If you were there when I left, that is why it sounded so poor and kept stalling out. I had to weight the potential embarrassment as opposed to missing the dinner and event. Obviously I went with the good food and cool cars.

8. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Lots of fun, great show, great people, can't wait until next year !!!!

9. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Excellent! I HAD to get a shot of one of my fav cars of all time driving away! I wish I could have gotten closer, but still a great shot and a great car. Thank you for displaying it for us Dave!

Chris

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    lots of 458's (at least the first 300 worldwide) are in the shop as we speak for the recall. Looks like you guys had a great event!

11. milligan740

milligan740 Karting

Apr 4, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Enjoyed the show, definitely the best one yet! The Countach reunion was awesome to see and the show seemed very well attended overall. Great seeing some of you there!

12. johnnyo

johnnyo Karting

May 8, 2009
    Did anybody hear how the voting came out at the Italian Gathering? Also:for the ohio guys- I noticed alot of you don't have front license plates(they look like hell) Do the cops hassle you much? Thought abought keeping mine in the car and if I get stopped-just say they fell off! Will that work?

13. cparsons

cparsons Rookie

Aug 26, 2008
    Worthington, OH
    Full Name:
    Casey Parsons
    I have not had one in 2.5 years and never been bothered for it (knock on wood). But I'm sure I'll get nailed for it at some point when a cop is having a bad day.

Cops aren't idiots...they will know it didn't "just fall off". If you run without one, just be prepared to pay the occasional fine. Honest is the best policy, right? I think it's only around $75.

14. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I got one ... but they have a choice, fine you right away ($75?), give you three days to get it fixed, or give you a defective car notice ... I got the defective car. He told me to give it with my license, registration, and insurance card and the next guy would let me go (after looking over the car well).

The GTO won the best Ferrari, my Cali took second, not sure who took third. I cheated, had a ton of folks sitting in it and put the top up & down 20 or more times to wow the crowd. It was really fun.

15. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    ^^^ This is Rick's modus operandi for winning votes at at all car shows -- invite all the ladies to sit in the Cali, make the top go up and down, and move in for the kill (vote). Can't say I blame him! :D Many a fine female figure have graced the seats of that Cali!

16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    There was a GTO there? Are we talking about a 288 GTO?

I didn't see one at all, It must have left before I arrived.

Chris

17. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I didn't see a GTO either . I saw the 275 though .

As for the front plates, I've never gotten stopped for not having it on . I have it in the back of the car though . In some of my previous cars , when stopped , it really depended on if the cop was in a bad mood or not.

18. Stretch

Stretch Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Margaritaville
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ok I'll admit I watched the Cali top go up & down as well, and that thing is amazing! Some great engineering design in that car.

19. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
  20. otterbeinjumper

otterbeinjumper Karting

Mar 1, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Michael

It was a 275 Alloy that won top Ferrari and Best in Show. He graced us with his presence at the FCA Ohio meet in a Yellow Daytona Spider!

There was a 288 GTO at the FCA meet as well. Hopefully schedules can line up and we can see it at IG shows for years to come.

21. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH

He has a very nice collection with several Ferraris. I'm sure he'll have something at the Dayton Concours next weekend. I think his yellow Daytona may be the one that just sold at RM not too long ago . Looked like the same car in the pics.

22. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Great pics! Love the one of the LP400 coming in.

Also, you mentioned you had to cover your hears when the Gallardo Superleggera went by - were you standing by the parking lot exit as they were leaving? If you were, I may have seen you! I was recording the cars coming out.

Chris

23. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    Yeah I was getting videos of the cars leaving too.

24. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Great looking car Rick, my wife and I enjoyed your demo on how flawless that beautiful top goes up and down, it had my vote as soon as I seen that car!