Italian and French Car show in Vancouver (June 17th) | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Italian and French Car show in Vancouver (June 17th)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RoWis, Jun 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
  2. WRFD32

WRFD32 Rookie

Mar 6, 2005
    BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I missed the show today, decided to watch the USGP instead. Some beutiful cars there a few that I hae not seen in previous years, but it seem that the show needs something a little more exiting. don't get me wrong I am not an F-car owner and could watch any Ferrari drive around or park all day long, but I've seen most of these cars every year with not alot of change! I've never seen any of the supercars(288, F40, F50, Enzo), or many pre-1970 cars, some of those would make this show amazing! Please bring them out, fans like me would die to see some of these cars! No offence but here in Vancouver some of these cars arn't that exiting to see anymore! To hear is a different story!

3. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Ive been to the show many years in a row now. Im gonna have to agree with you. This year actually was one of the least exciting compared to the previous years (maybe cause of weather)

A friend of mine asked me if the this was California, would there be more cars? I told him there would probably be like 10 Enzos, 5 F50s, 10 F40s. haha!

4. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    But then again California has more people than all of Canada lol

5. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    California is the place to be for car shows. They have every major car show you could imagine.

6. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Well they are very wealthy down there, so I can only imagine what cars show up at the car shows.

7. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
  8. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    I might be going to Calafornia this summer, if i go i hope i can see some really nice cars..

9. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks. I have a polarizing filter on my camera, and I use Photoshop CS2 to resize and adjust the levels and colors, or maybe sharpen the pics sometimes. That's it. :)

10. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Ah that's your secret. Your pics are really good.

11. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
  12. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
  13. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    hey nice pic!

14. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
  15. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
  16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thankfully, there are no pictures of me, but if there were, it would throw your count off as I am 31 (bought my 308 @ 24).

Yes, the members/owners are very nice people and I have always been welcomed by the other members from the day I joined. In fact, over the years, I have made some great, close friends. The same is true with the members from the Seattle region, they're a fantastic group.

17. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    No need for a car show down there to see super exotics! There are plenty on the street already...

18. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I just went through all of the photos posted. Nice work.

Please don't complain about the quality of cars showing up. We must give credit to those who did show up today considering the weather, as most areas were really soaked in. There were those from Seattle in "boring" cars who got up very early this morning to make the couple hour drive, dealing with the border and solid rain all the way, to come up strictly for the show.

Every year, there are less vintage Ferraris in Vancouver, as their values have sharply risen and their owners are getting older and need to move onto more important things. I have been attending these shows for the past ten years and back in 1997, it was the norm to see several 250's, a 275 GTB, Daytonas, etc... Nowadays, you could probably count on one hand the amount of vintage V-12's that are in this town.

You can forget about seeing a F50 in B.C. These aren't legal for road use and won't be until 2010. Currently, it is a $900,000 Cdn car. It'll definitely jump up in price over the next few years, so that is some serious money.

Enjoy the show for what it is and appreciate the opportunity to view these cars unrestricted, and talk to the owners. Where else are you going to see so many Alfa Romeos, Fiats, Lancias, Citroens, Peugeots, Lamborghinis and Ferraris all in one place?

Please don't get the impression that I'm ranting, which I'm not. I thought I should just make these few points to kindly remind the importance of shows like these. I've done the California shows and as incredible as they are, they are too big and I don't enjoy it as much as this show with its friendly and casual atmosphere.

19. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Hi, I think it's great owners brought their cars out despite the weather. I now kick myself for not going after I saw the pictures. Are there any more shows in the vancouver area this year? These cars are 10 times more beautiful to see and hear in person.

20. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Yes in August.