It is not a Ferrari, but I hope it's worthy to look at it | Page 3 | FerrariChat

It is not a Ferrari, but I hope it's worthy to look at it

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lutz, Aug 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Always cool to see a fellow Beyond.ca member... awesome! :D

2. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    ...because you have that experience with your GTS Viper. :))
    Is it the same model that Jay Leno owns? (blue and white stripes?)

3. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    Thanks a lot for saying that! :) I appreciate it Thomas!
    I agree that BMW could using a car in that upper section. Just I'm not sure if BMW would ever let me get hands on it. ;)

4. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    Mitch, Thanks for the compliment! :)

I didn't design any new in the recent two years. Currently I don't work on any car. I hope that I can make something really new in the future, because I'm very eager to do that on my next vacation time. :)

5. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    Thanks a lot Mike!! What a compliment!
    I always thought it would be a waste of time to send the pics to BMW, because I heard that all carmakers and design companies aren't interested by independent work. They categorically refusing designers without elite education or without an own famous company(for contract). For example, if I were from Italdesign (Giugiaro), Zagato or Pininfarina they would be interested, maybe. (IMO)
    As a single guy it's generally impossible. (IMO)

6. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    Ditto! And Thanks iceburns!!
    I remember our chat! Are you really living in Fiorano? It must be like heaven!

7. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Mines a red TNT car. I posted a photo of it in the OOPS thread.

8. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I wish I was... :( I'm still here in hurricane-ridden America... :(

You live in Germany if I'm not mistaken... *EDIT* I see... Berlin. Cool! How's the autobahn? :D

9. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    I hope that you and your family are o.k.!! I saw about the hurricane in the TV and so many surviver people looking at their destroyed homes. I hope that they will receive instant help.

The German autobahn is fantastic to drive! ...but only sunday morning at 4:00 AM. ;) The autobahns are more and more turning into "slow-bahns" because of the rising traffic jam year by year. Afternoon is bad, but the rest of the day is pretty free. The autobahns have an automatic system wich can limit the speed at bad weather. Sometimes I saw speed limits on good sunny weather too. Times are changing over here in Germany.

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    When will these cars be for sale?

11. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    I was asking that by myself man times. lol
    If any car manufacturer are open minded when seeing the pictures then it could be happen. I personally believe that those cars would be sold well. If I were a carmaker, the models were on the road already. ;)

12. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If someone calls you, call me. We'll make a bunch!

13. lutz

lutz Rookie

Jul 19, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lutz Finsterwalder
    What an idea Neil! I'm able to work for free at a longer time. Many people in general would refuse such kind of work. I can get the payment (royalties) of my work months later, or years later when the product is on market. I can wait! It could be a kind of side job, so I can afford to work for free at first.

If a manufacturer wouldn't satisfied with my design, I can enhance it again and again. I still ask me why they're paying for expensive elite designers who sometimes producing a design that isn't neither desireable nor cool in any way.

I always thinking about to find a logical and working way to convincing companies/manufacturers to work with me to rise their profit enourmous. The only problem is that they don't know me. People (and small companies) usually don't want to be contacted by others, because they already have their partners, friends or family members who do the work for them. That's the reason that so many supercars are all looking the same. It's a little bit like Hollywood. ;) There's no outstanding or exciting car except a few ones ( we know them ;))