Istanbul | FerrariChat

Istanbul

Discussion in 'Europe' started by albert328gts, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    I dont know where your hearing the White House was evacuated but here in the USA, we know that is not true. And I read all the English news websites as well as the French ones, where did you hear that?

2. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Dear Izel (a.k.a. "Ferrarist"),

You have my deepest condolences and sympathies following the atrocious terror attacks in Istanbul today and last week. I hope and trust that you and your family remain unscathed.

The global war-mongering of the last two years just makes me sick. May peace soon reaign in your beautiful country.

Sincerely, MARK :(

3. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    13h30 GMT, Thursday, November 20, 2003

On TV I have just heard that the White House has been evacuated. No reasons given. Here comes more SH*T I guess....

MARK

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Oh my god please not - sounds like September 11.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

5. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    "...but here in the USA, we know that is not true..."

Albert, I suggest you search the internet again! I have just done a quick one and come up with the following:

* NewIndPress.com

* The Nation.

* Agence France-Presse...and I thought you read the French media!

It was all over the radio and TV here in South Africa...but I guess that Michael Jackson's arrest was of more interest in the USA! ;)

Cheers, MARK

6. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Michael who, just kindding, but I have not time for that nonsense of Michael, regarding the articles, no I did not see those. But did see others that did not mention it, and again and again most importantly, this did not happen and I can assure you of that, too many freinds in Washington, and clients in that area. So as usual the European Media is becoming more and more like the US media.

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Albert,
    I agree with Mark and its true!
    We also saw it in German TV the whole day on all chanels!
    All Radio stations and next day in all news-papers!
    Don`t know why you are not informed about it in the USA but I`m several times a year in the US and I have always the feeling, looking news in the US chanels, everything will be well proofed and selected B4 they "feed" their observers...maybe they don`t want to panic?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

8. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Wolfgang,

I was in the US at the start of the US invasion of Iraq and spent a week watching local coverage of the event. I can only agree with you - the journalism was blatantly one-sided, unbalanced, jingoistic and detached from the grusome brutality of what was actually happening.

I would not be surprised if the White House evacuation was not widely reported in the USA.

Cheers, MARK