IS this the end of ********** at the VCR ? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

IS this the end of ********** at the VCR ?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by srslusso, Sep 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Table for one? :)

2. jimxyz

jimxyz Karting

Mar 17, 2009
    Orange County
    Haha - ok, I forgot about the need for a nice drive post "show"... But the parking lot is pretty freakin big (which was my only other search criteria, given how crowded it was getting on the lat Sunday)

The proposed location on Ventura looks like a spot where the retailers will be startled to see more than 15 cars in the lot at an given time (thanks to Google maps it also looks like there are no speed bumps) so we should be safe there for a while.

3. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    IF you come out to see this location I'll get you a bottle of the "Over rated" Peter Lugar's Steak Sauce.
    ps they used to sell it at Gelsons !

Great Steaks don't need sauce

4. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What time?

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    BTW, now, for me, it's rock salt and olive oil only on my steaks!

6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    About time! a little cracked pepper never hurt anyone though.

7. shooer

shooer Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    So Cal
    This is only a couple miles from where Mulholland Hwy. starts up again at Topanga Cyn.

8. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
  9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I still went out there and bought a pound of coffee. The cops and the rent-a-cops gave me a nasty glance, maybe because my 7'er sounds like the wrath of the almighty when it starts up.

10. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was there Sunday parked next to a 575. There was also a Viper and a Mini. 3 security guards, 1 LAPD. I guess one person for each one of us? ;)

11. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Dustin should offer 50% off coffee to all Police, Fire, and Ambulance drivers on Sundays. Get that parking lot filled up with CHP, Sheriffs, LAPD and see how security reacts to a whole new crowd.

12. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I haven't read all the posts so maybe someone has already recommended the "Wizzin's Center" in Agoura. They have a large parking lot just behind Wood Ranch BBQ. There's also a Johnny Rockets across the street and is basically at the mouth of Kanan Road. I don't have any contacts to them. It was just a thought. Everytime I'm there I always think it would be a great place to gather. I would however before you just show up there, discuss it with the owners and discuss all the pros and cons and seek their permission. To give a gathering like this any chance of future success you need to do your homework. Hope this helps.

Freeman

13. SLO Ride

SLO Ride Rookie

Oct 12, 2009
    Really? Not surprised that security gave dirty looks but the cops too huh?
    Read back a few posts and see what my position is on this whole thing. Being the only officer there, that means that I am the one to give you a dirty look.
    You sir, are mistaken.

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I did not look over my shoulder, the guy with the yellow muscle car in the baseball cap sitting at the first table quipped that all eyes were on me. My exhaust has a healthy tone, and it was just done the day before but a little louder than I wanted. I did set off 2 car alarms at the Commons just about 30 minutes later.

15. mareness

mareness Rookie

Nov 9, 2009
    If you guys are interested in having a new home where you've actually been invited to stay, please have whoever organizes these events contact me.

I can be reached via my email address [email protected].

16. Stew

Stew Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Oops;) Looks like an apology is owed. Now the question. Does he have the class to swallow his pride and apologize ?

We shall seeeeeeee.

Regards,

Stew

17. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There is a final meeting next week for a new and really great location. It's convenient and the management company wants us there. This new location would start the Sunday after the December 6th Motor4toys event. Hopefully this can be announced at the end of next week. The only reason the place is not being disclosed is so that the contracts can be signed. :)

18. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Sounds good, crossing fingers & knocking on wood!