IS this the end of ********** at the VCR ? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

IS this the end of ********** at the VCR ?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by srslusso, Sep 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I got this from a friend who lives out there and had told me about it.. (I had never been but was planning to go.) as you can see she is
    pretty pissed off.

El Camino Shopping center's management company had a court order executed to close down the Sunday car show. "Super Sunday" is something that members of my family attend almost every week and has been happening from 8-10 am for about 5 years. Management has gotten complaints about lack of parking from two of the store owners, hence closing it down. One business that doesn't even open until 10, has complained the loudest. From what I understand, the attendees have given a much needed financial boost to many of the businesses in the center. This is an event that doesn't cost anything, doesn't hurt anyone and is enjoyed by many in the community.

I plan on boycotting all the businesses at El Camino until the show is re-instated. I urge you to do the same.

Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

The attorneys for Regency Centers, a Delaware limited partnership, can be contacted at 562 698-9771:
    Ernie Zachary Park, State Bar No. 082616 with Bewley, Lassleben & Miller, LLP
    13215 E. Penn St., Ste 510
    Whittier, CA 90602

2. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    I have a question here; if you pay to go to a parking lot can we get kicked out? For example, in Redondo Beach, on Friday nights during summer time there is a car show that caters to hot rodders. Ruby's and surrounding businesses welcome it for obvious reasons that somehow escape the idiots at Regency, and Vons and you pay to get into the lot. If we pay for parking whatever city or lot owner the show is held in would benefit from increased revenue as well as the owners of the businesses that may be there. So, what if we made a location like that home to SCS? I am not saying we should meet in RB (that would not be fun for me because I would have to idle a block down to get there, boring) but perhaps a beach setting with a coffee shop or eq. and ample parking. It seems that there are a lot of lots like that along PCH heading north toward Malibu.
    JC

3. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    One more thing, screw Von's, I will grow my own veggies and kill my own cow before I go there again. Ablertsons here I come. Yea, I bet they are shaking in their boots now!!
    JC

4. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    You must eat a whole lot of Vegies and Cattle..LOL....

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #255 Modenafan, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    Looks like we're close to having a new cool location. :):):) Stay tuned.

6. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    a friend of mine is trying to get city of calabasas to let show be at civic center. He is also talking to caruso to have it at the commons in calabasas..

7. jaev

jaev Rookie

Feb 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It would be nice to find a good new location - regardless of the legality or stupidity of the actions taken by the shopping center, it isn't fun to be somewhere you aren't wanted.

8. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    True.

9. Stew

Stew Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2006
    Los Angeles
    +1

Regards,

Stew

10. shooer

shooer Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    So Cal
    It's quiet enough to hear a pin drop!

11. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I know there's a meeting this Tuesday, hopefully some good news will follow.

12. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    I hope we get a new place soon. However, I am concerned that we might again face the same problem of the show getting too big to be welcomed down the road.

I suggest that if we do get a new show, that we just make it every Sunday with no special days like the last Sunday of the month.

Even at VCR, if we did not have the last Sunday event, we probably would not have had the problem that we are having now.

13. American Pie

American Pie Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Camarillo, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Agree with that.

Also, as someone previously suggested, I think the event should be done and most people gone by ~10AM. By that time, when shoppers begin looking for parking spaces at any nearby stores and the riff-raff show up after sleeping off their hangovers, nobody will know we were even there.

14. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Agreed. C&C is empty by 9AM.

15. shooer

shooer Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    So Cal
    #265 shooer, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I do not know what negotiations are in progress ( if any). I ran across this flyer. It would appear that although a little further out (10 minutes) this is a car show friendly center.
    I think one of you organizer types should speak with someone organizing this show and find out who to talk to. Maybe we could actually get permission.....did I say that?
    My 2 cents. Don't come crying to me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hopefully more information later this week.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    There was talk of another more centralized location that would not present the same problems as El Camino.

Amenities there too! :)

18. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This also would be more centralized with facilities. The landlord is supposed to get back to the powers that be in a day or so. :)

19. American Pie

American Pie Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Camarillo, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    I've been to the summer evening cruises here and can personally attest this would be a GREAT location for a Sunday A.M. event. However, it's a bit further than 10 minutes north of VCR; more like 20 minutes. I don't know how the L.A. County folks would feel about coming that far but it'd be an ideal locale for those of us in Ventura County. There are no supermarkets nearby that have early morning customers, which is one thing we need to get away from.

20. shooer

shooer Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    So Cal
    10 minutes in my Porsche.(17 miles) We do like to drive...right? It's open road. Not like it's the 405. Still right by the canyons.

21. Telefonos de Mexico

BANNED

Nov 11, 2008
    Mexico Pueblos Oaxac
    Full Name:
    Raúl Campos
    Um, I think you might breaking some speed limit posting that time to get to the location. Not to mention you might want to add that section of the 101 is the most cop infested - CHP - Sheriffs as well as Ventura County Sheriff who patrol that section of the freeway. So you're just setting people up to get nailed for speeding. I don't know if you have driven that section lately there are a lot of cops giving speeding ticked for 5mph over the limit.

I can say this, many of my friends would not even consider driving from Beverly Hills/South bay to that location in Westlake that was mentioned by the previous poster.

Westlake is just to far of location on a Sunday morning but might be fine for people who just might live down the street from there. Makes no sense to drive that far and is a bit selfish if you think about it. Might just have the person who is organizing this just have it in their driveway to avoid putting miles on his or her car.

22. Moving Chicane

Moving Chicane Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    SoCal.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #272 Moving Chicane, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    Plus Mr. Mexico, if they all came out this way, where would you do your donuts? ;)

23. Karim666

Karim666 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2009
    Hey Dan, that is not me, I’m me so guess what I don’t have any problem logging in here to tell you you’re an idiot.

24. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Oh my God, here we go, yet again:)

25. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    hank, let's let this one play out... grab a seat and a cold one, it should be fun.