Is this my ultimate Mondial Cabrio? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is this my ultimate Mondial Cabrio?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by robbio99, Sep 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What are some views. This black with special grey ? The yellow with black? Mirabeau blue with tan? Two tone? It varies with model?

2. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    A while ago I warned someone about the Valo and several people replied that it's no big deal to fix if it has a problem. Parts are available and it's not as complicated as I thought. I don't suppose one of those guys is the seller of this car? So far, only bad vibes on the Valo.

Ken

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The dash pad was added to the 1990 (2nd year) of the Mondial t. It is actually there to protect knees in a collision. Unfortunately, if you're over 6'2", it means you can't drive any of those versions of the 't'. Your knees are right on the dash pad.

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    On coupes anyways black rules! The Mondial's lines seem to flow better in black. I had black and now black mettalic which i prefer the most.

5. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Not quite true! I am happy to break the news that my 1991 "t" has ample amounts of leg (and head) room and I am over 6'3". I am constantly amazed that people continue to promote the opinion that there is limited head / leg room in these cars. It is simply not true. My Mondial is extremely roomy, seats are more than wide enough and I have several inches before my head would get near the headliner, or my knees would even come close to the dash. I am VERY tall!

Sorry Rick, but your comment "if you're over 6'2", it means you can't drive any of those versions of the 't'." is not correct... I bought a "t" because of its extended head and leg room!

If there is any ergonomic issue with the Mondial it is the cab forward design. It is difficult to enter and exit the car as the doors really don't open that far, and you have to bend your legs way in as you swing in or out of the car. After 2 years of ownership that is the only akward issue that I have with mine. I put up with that, because the cab forward design is what gives the car a lot of its progressive stance.