Is this a advertisement piece for the Ford gt40. Mkll? | FerrariChat

Is this a advertisement piece for the Ford gt40. Mkll?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by koisokok, Aug 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #1 koisokok, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went to the estate sale of Disney imagineer Pat Burke today . Pretty much the whole lot was picked over and the really good stuff is headed to a local auction house Sept 1st. . Guess he also was a big Shelby guy . Had tons of old car magazines , but nothing worth picking up.. I found a couple of Monterey Historics posters from 1997, and a Ford gt40 advertisement poster from the 60's...Can someone tell me if they think this is an advertising piece ? Hard to find it online for a reference . Thinking about framing a two way glass to see both sides ..It's about 16'x11'..thanks !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  2. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    It looks like a PR release celebrating Ford's four consecutive wins at Le Mans, 1966-1969. It isn't strictly about the Mk 2 GT40, as a Mk 4 won in 1967 and a Mk 1 in 1968 and 1969. Try to get a higher resolution shot of the page and run it through a translation app.

3. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    That's a great idea ..I will see if I can manage that.